[NO SPOILERS] Actors in Other Productions

Ran

• 1 month later...

ok let me be the first (in this thread that is) to show how much I like the new format idea by giving you a link to a underwear commercial featuring the Mountain That Rides and the most effeminate man i have ever see (though that could be because he is standing next Conan witch would make most men look a little less manly)

enjoy

Dunno if this counts, but an image from silent hill: revelations was released with none other than kit harington http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/silent-hill-revelation-3d-movie-image-kit-harington-adelaide-clemens-01.jpg it's weird because the character he plays is suppose to have a beard, yet clearly he doesn't. And in GoT jon isn't suppose to have a beard, yet he does....:D

Sean Bean is doing a pilot on ABC for next season along Ashley Judd...

Sean Bean is trading one brand of intrigue for another.

The "Lord of the Rings" actor, who stars in HBO's upcoming "Game of Thrones," has taken a role opposite Ashley Judd in ABC's series "Missing."

The show centers on Judd's character, who travels to Europe to track down her missing 18-year-old son; it becomes apparent rather quickly that she's not just a concerned mom, but also a former CIA agent. Bean will play her late husband, who appears in flashbacks, Deadline reports. ABC has already ordered 10 episodes of the series from writer Greg Poirier ("National Treasure: Book of Secrets," "Gossip").

Bean plays Lord Eddard Stark in "Game of Thrones," which premieres April 17 on HBO. His other credits include the "Red Riding" trilogy, "Flightplan" and the first "National Treasure."

Jason Mamoa, who plays Khal Drogo, is also going to be Conan the Barbarian in the new film. Being a HUGE Conan fan (I pretty much own every single Conan story in one format or another), Im stoked for the new film. But the few snippets Ive seen of Mamoa as Khal Drogo just looks... off. I dont know if its the lack of a super long beard, Mamoa's lack of Asian genetics (I always thought of Khal Drogo as being Mongolian, since I assume the Dothraki are based on the Mongols), or his less than superhuman stature. Yeah, he's big, but not big enough to be Khal friggin Drogo.

I think he will be an awesome Conan, though, as Conan is supposed to be exotic, yet still identifiable to western culture. I thought Arnold was a decent Conan, but I've always wanted something more.

<end rant>

Jason Mamoa, who plays Khal Drogo, is also going to be Conan the Barbarian in the new film. Being a HUGE Conan fan (I pretty much own every single Conan story in one format or another), Im stoked for the new film. But the few snippets Ive seen of Mamoa as Khal Drogo just looks... off. I dont know if its the lack of a super long beard, Mamoa's lack of Asian genetics (I always thought of Khal Drogo as being Mongolian, since I assume the Dothraki are based on the Mongols), or his less than superhuman stature. Yeah, he's big, but not big enough to be Khal friggin Drogo.

I think he will be an awesome Conan, though, as Conan is supposed to be exotic, yet still identifiable to western culture. I thought Arnold was a decent Conan, but I've always wanted something more.

<end rant>

The Dothraki are based on the Mongols and on North American Indians. They have copper skin (ergo not Mongols in appearance) so Momoa looks right to me. Khal Drogo also has a drooping mustachio in the books, not a super long beard. As for his size, I think it's just fine. He's bigger than everyone else in his setting and the largest guys have had to be a bit smaller because people just aren't that big in reality (Conan Stevens who plays Gregor isn't close to 8 feet tall either, and Gregor is clearly larger than everyone else).

Don't know if it's available in the US but Littlefinger was the star of the UK version of Queer as Folk.

It is available for free on Hulu. I prefer the UK version anyway, and he was the best part. So hot.

There's a brief glimpse of Rory McCann (Sandor) in Season of the Witch.

Don't forget Hot Fuzz. Yarp.

Don't know if it's available in the US but Littlefinger was the star of the UK version of Queer as Folk.

He was also in Shanghai Knights (Lord Rathbone),plus I caught him in an episode of 'Poirot' a couple of nights back, he played the murder victim!

Not an actor on the show, but Bryan Cogman (ep. 4 writer, the Keeper of the Mythos for the show) has a guest turn on a little web comedy series some actor friends of his produce, Tiny Apartment. You can see it here -- it's funny. :)

The TV show or film with the biggest overlap with the Game of Thrones cast is actually Doctor Who. At least six GoT cast members have also been in Doctor Who.

In roughly chronological order:

• Julian Glover (Grand Maester Pycelle) starred in the classic series of Doctor Who twice, first as Richard the Lionheart in the 1965 serial The Crusades, and then as Count Scarlioni (who turned out to be Scaroth, last of the Jagaroth) in the 1979 serial City of Death (written by Douglas Adams).
  • Margaret John (Old Nan) appeared in classic Who in the 1968 story Fury from the Deep as a tough but beautiful businesswoman, and then was in the new series 38 years later in the episode The Idiot's Lantern as a grandmother who lost her face.
  • Donald Sumpter fought the Cybermen as Enrico Casali, a crewman on a space station known as The Wheel in Space (1968, the next story after Fury from the Deep), and fought The Sea Devils (1972) as Commander Ridgeway of the Royal Navy. More recently, he played sorcerer Erasmus Darkening in The Eternity Trap, a 2009 story from the Doctor Who spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures.
  • Ron Donachie (Ser Rodrick Cassel) played the steward of a 19th century Scottish house in the 2006 episode Tooth and Claw — not a million miles from his GoT role.
  • Harry Lloyd (Viserys) played a bullying schoolboy who got taken over by a bullying alien in the 2007 episodes Human Nature and The Family of Blood.
  • Iain Glen (Ser Jorah Mormont) played Octavian, an honorable soldier with the rank of Bishop (talk about your Faith Militant) in the 2010 episodes The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone.

And two more actors have appeared in Doctor Who spin-offs, but not the main programme:

• Owen Teale (Ser Alliser Thorne) played a rural Welsh cannibal in Countrycide, a gruesome 2006 episode of Torchwood.
  • Finn Jones (Ser Loras Tyrell) played Santiago Jones, grandson of 1970s Doctor Who companion Jo Grant, in The Death of the Doctor, a Sarah Jane Adventures story from last year.

If Game of Thrones continues to cast supporting roles from the great pool of British character actors, there will almost certainly be more Doctor Who veterans to come.

Lena Headey's features and accent always make her feel like a Kiera Knightley clone to me, only with more talent. And hotter.

Which is why I recognize her from 300 and The Brothers Grimm.

Edit: She also played Guinevere in Hallmark's 1998 Merlin miniseries. My typecast senses are tingling.

Archived