[NO SPOILERS] Actors in Other Productions

Ran

Lena Headey's features and accent always make her feel like a Kiera Knightley clone to me...

O_o Lena a clone of Kiera?

Anyway, Mark Addy's break out performance, AFAIK is 'The Full Monty'

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ec4xmjIGGqc/TFomy8e-WfI/AAAAAAAAAZs/6Voj2FtFCn4/s400/fullmonty_l.jpg

After that it was Knight's Tale

When my daughter watched the first episode of Games of Thrones with me last night on HBO on demand, she shouted, "I met him," when Peter Dinklage came on screen. Apparently, in 2007 a rather pushy acquaintance of hers accompanied her to a production of a play, "Things We Want," by Jonathan Marc Sherman and then dragged her backstage to meet the cast and playwright. The girl managed to insinuate herself to the point that she and my daughter got invited to go out with the cast for a drink. My daughter found the whole thing a little awkward, but said the play and the production were very good and that Dinklage was good.

Just thought I'd share this Kevin Bacon moment.

Wait, so you are saying Khal Drogo is bigger and more bad ass than Conan? I don't think so :fencing:

I would say Khal Drogo is bigger, but Conan would easily kill him in a one-on-one. The thing I loved about Conan (in the original books, mind you) is that not only is he massively strong, but he is also incredibly cunning and uses his sense just as much as his brawn to win fights.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't necessarily about the cast exactly, but it is related to a member of the cast. 'Warhorse' is up for a bunch of Tonys. Kit Harrington played the lead in the London production of 'Warhouse' and apparently got a lot of love for it.

It's the US/Broadway version that's up for the awards, so Harrington isn't exactly affiliated with it, but congratulations to him anyways for helping make the London run such a success, thus helping it get to Broadway and thus nominated.

And soon it will be a Spielberg movie. So we can thank Jon Snow when we get our popcorn at the multiplex.

I posted this over at winter is coming and figured I would put it here too

alittle birds tell me Conan Stevens is going to be in two rather big fantasy movies that most Game of thrones fans (and people in general) should be familiar with one is a remake of a very very popular series of movies and the other is a sequel to a remake of a classic…

keep an eye on his sight. http://www.conanstevens.com/

I posted this over at winter is coming and figured I would put it here too

alittle birds tell me Conan Stevens is going to be in two rather big fantasy movies that most Game of thrones fans (and people in general) should be familiar with one is a remake of a very very popular series of movies and the other is a sequel to a remake of a classic…

keep an eye on his sight. http://www.conanstevens.com/

Can we make some guesses on this thread?

PS: I always have trouble responding to one of your posts--because your avatar scares the living crap out of me! :leaving:

Can we make some guesses on this thread?

PS: I always have trouble responding to one of your posts--because your avatar scares the living crap out of me! :leaving:

yeah guess away but I don't know if I am suppose to tell anyone which movies so you will have to wait until Conan Tells everyone what they are one his site....

yeah guess away but I don't know if I am suppose to tell anyone which movies so you will have to wait until Conan Tells everyone what they are one his site....

Then my guesses would be the Terminator movies and the classic 'Frankenstein.'

Virtual lemon cakes all around if I'm right.

• 2 weeks later...

The TV show or film with the biggest overlap with the Game of Thrones cast is actually Doctor Who. At least six GoT cast members have also been in Doctor Who.

In roughly chronological order:

• Julian Glover (Grand Maester Pycelle) starred in the classic series of Doctor Who twice, first as Richard the Lionheart in the 1965 serial The Crusades, and then as Count Scarlioni (who turned out to be Scaroth, last of the Jagaroth) in the 1979 serial City of Death (written by Douglas Adams).
  • Margaret John (Old Nan) appeared in classic Who in the 1968 story Fury from the Deep as a tough but beautiful businesswoman, and then was in the new series 38 years later in the episode The Idiot's Lantern as a grandmother who lost her face.
  • Donald Sumpter fought the Cybermen as Enrico Casali, a crewman on a space station known as The Wheel in Space (1968, the next story after Fury from the Deep), and fought The Sea Devils (1972) as Commander Ridgeway of the Royal Navy. More recently, he played sorcerer Erasmus Darkening in The Eternity Trap, a 2009 story from the Doctor Who spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures.
  • Ron Donachie (Ser Rodrick Cassel) played the steward of a 19th century Scottish house in the 2006 episode Tooth and Claw — not a million miles from his GoT role.
  • Harry Lloyd (Viserys) played a bullying schoolboy who got taken over by a bullying alien in the 2007 episodes Human Nature and The Family of Blood.
  • Iain Glen (Ser Jorah Mormont) played Octavian, an honorable soldier with the rank of Bishop (talk about your Faith Militant) in the 2010 episodes The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone.

And two more actors have appeared in Doctor Who spin-offs, but not the main programme:

• Owen Teale (Ser Alliser Thorne) played a rural Welsh cannibal in Countrycide, a gruesome 2006 episode of Torchwood.
  • Finn Jones (Ser Loras Tyrell) played Santiago Jones, grandson of 1970s Doctor Who companion Jo Grant, in The Death of the Doctor, a Sarah Jane Adventures story from last year.

If Game of Thrones continues to cast supporting roles from the great pool of British character actors, there will almost certainly be more Doctor Who veterans to come.

James Sives who plays Jory was also in Tooth and Claw with Donachie, he was the captain of the queen's guards.

Also The Hound as a murderous Trolly boy in Hot Fuzz "Yarp"

Archived