Goodkind XLVIII

Gabriele

That's an actual passage? Seriously?

I know Goodkind isn't a very good writer technically. But he's gotten worse. Much worse. Even a 15 year old high school student would know not to write something like that. I hope.

I know, its kinda disturbing. I can't decide if he stopped trying, or if hes trying to hard.

Posting in these threads for the first time in years because the synopsis of the Omen Machine is hilarious. Robots, the use of the word "omen" at least twenty times (as well as the word "ominous" to describe the omens) and a plot that makes absolutely no sense. This book is going to be great.

Dont know, but I will find out today!

Seems like there's some great plans for the Terry GOodkind site but not much is happening with it. The forums were supposed to be back up June 1st if the site can be believed, but they're not up yet.

They also have some amazing other new features including upcoming essays on each of the Wizards rules and "the astounding insight each offers when applied to our everyday lives". Yeah right.

I dont think the yeardites will miss their forums much. What's the use in having a forum when they all agree with eachother anyway.

Take, for example, what we're doing in Iraq. The basic thing we're trying to do is enforce democracy. Democracy is a free-floating concept. There's no goodness [inherent] in democracy. Gang rape is democracy in action.

http://fantasybookcritic.blogspot.com/2007/12/interview-with-terry-goodkind.html

What are your thoughts on this gem from the maestro of words, Tairy Goodkind?

Has anoyone checked out the butthurt from Terry Goodking fans regarding Game of Thrones? You know, that their teevee series was cancelled, but ours has not only been renewed for another season, but is extremely faithful to the books (to the extent that we have many instances of dialogue taken directly from the books)

Archived