Goodkind XLVIII

Gabriele

Vicious little rodents, they are. They'll scratch your face off just for looking at them.

Well sure if you cut their nipple off then throw them in a rape pit.

Running out of easily-adaptable bits of book to Xtranormalise (damn it's hard with only two characters and no props!), so in honour of the upcoming new Bill n Ted movie, I've done one of the old parodies instead. Meet Dick and Zedd. :)

Running out of easily-adaptable bits of book to Xtranormalise (damn it's hard with only two characters and no props!), so in honour of the upcoming new Bill n Ted movie, I've done one of the old parodies instead. Meet Dick and Zedd. :)

This was very good, but I didnt hear the word "Bags!" even once. Nor did i feel that Zedd was on the verge of shouting all the time. :thumbsup:

Still, love it and upvoted it.

I have good news! (For those of us too deranged to know better.) I have found The Santa Maria Public Library (conveniently located in a strip mall in the City of Orcutt) and they have the complete set of the epic Mission: Earth by L. Ron Hubbard.

So following in the fine tradition of Mad Moose, Myshkin, Tormund Midgetsbane, and the indomitable MinDonner, I've decided to pull my weight, take one for the team, and possibly induce a seizure by reading/reviewing them for you all.

As soon as hockey season is over.

wow.

I clicked on this thread because i thought it would be a discussion of the finer points of Goodkind's writing.

Instead...

This thread rocks. Mocking Goodkind, Card, Ringo! i'm crying tears of bliss.

wow.

I clicked on this thread because i thought it would be a discussion of the finer points of Goodkind's writing.

Instead...

This thread rocks. Mocking Goodkind, Card, Ringo! i'm crying tears of bliss.

Good lord, where you been? These are the most active threads on the forum after L+R=J :D

Good lord, where you been? These are the most active threads on the forum after L+R=J :D

I still remember my first exposure to Goodkin. I found Legend of the Seeker and, after watching the pilot, felt like my intelligence had just been fucked. Then I looked up the source material. That was probably the most fearful day of my existence.

A few months later I found out that Goodkin's books(are we allowed to call them that?) devolved into him blowing Ayn Rand. Best decision to not read a book. Ever.

Like i said - i figured this was a PRO Goodkind list...:)

Sadly - I do own a Goodkind I'll never be able to get rid of. Friend of mine was a huge fan, and mailed me the first sword of truth book as a gift. I read it, then lied and said it was pretty good.

My friend vanished from a parking lot in Austin 2 years ago, and is now a cold case. Hell of a thing - I have a keepsake I can't see ever getting rid of, that is a book I loath.

I feel so awesome right now.

I was just thinking of a discussion i had earlier today with several mates about several of the awesome World of Warcraft comics. I was thinking about one of the more awesome ones, Looking for Group, and about how it was better in the early days. I then got to thinking about some of the things it parodies at various points, and i thought that since one of the main characters (note, the guy whos text is in a red and black chat box) is called Richard, it is a shame that the author of the comics hadn't read Goodkind.

It was then i realised. He had!

http://www.lfgcomic.com/page/15

I cannot believe i missed this. Although i suppose i did read these comics a long time ago. Also, the Fork of Truth turns into a running gag in the series. I strongly urge everyone to read these comics, by the way. Yes. All 400+ pages of them.

Edit : There is no way this was an accident! The author of this has read A Wheel of Time as well!

http://www.lfgcomic.com/page/33

Just joined the board, so I figure this is the worst possible place to start...

I've read the entire series (and The Law of Nines)...

I have no excuse for my actions. I started using when I was in 9th grade, and I like to finish series... I'm also bad at finding new Fantasy Sci/Fi to read, so I will stick with a series through the end, even if the books are laughable and pointless.

That said… never again. Even if I’m bored in an airport, which is why I bought the Law of Nines. I should have realized after the third or fourth book that things were going nowhere fast.

Oh well… at least I was reading?

As a side note, Law of Nines (I think that was the title, and am not going to bother looking it up) does not state it is related to the Sword of Truth series… I giggled at his incompetence in the main character having the last name Rahl, and then I realized that apparently our world was somehow founded by powerless magicians with pirate plumbers…. (which reminds me, pirate plumbers, a vaguely unique plot device is stolen directly from the movie Brasil). Ugh. I need to remember to plan before travelling so I don’t buy dreck like that again.

Wow.... Just WOW!

I have now read a couple of these Goodkind topics and they are full of comedy genius! Some of the quotes from the books are just crazy!

Keep up the good work and I hope people learn not to feed the yeard.

Time for Goodkind poetry. Ill start..

Richard is my bitch

Why oh why am I evil?

Oh now I love him

Bags says mister zedd

It is time for a new rule

People are stupid

It looks like the end!

We are surrounded again!

Dues ex machina

Time for Goodkind poetry. Ill start..

Richard is my bitch