(Painting) Battles of Westeros

Addam

Hi all,

I thought I would show off some of what I'd been working on this year. I picked up Battles of Westeros, and really wanted to have the miniatures painted for a more epic feel while playing the game so I decided to paint up the miniatures. So far I've completed enough of the Stark forces for the first scenario. Working on Lannisters now, and painting in red is far more frustrating (for a novice like me).

Anyway, I'll try to update this post as I go along with more paintings, and hopefully I learn how to photography miniatures better by the time I'm done. I took a few liberties with the paintjobs. The box art suggests brown cloaks and clothes in general for the troops, but the Starks are going to be shades of grey in my mind. I probably could have gotten away with making Maege don the greens of her house, but I settled on the Stark grey, with a Mormont green shield. Karstarck probably should have been more black than grey (I still kept him quite dark). But I didn't want him to look too Night's watchish, should the black brothers be released in a future expansion.

So here are 12 Northern poleaxe men, 12 Archers, 5 cavalry, Rickard Karstark and Maege Mormont.

Not sure why I cannot get the image to post, so follow the link

Archived