2011 Cricket World Cup

Stubby

The World Cup is upon us. Have at it. :fencing:

Here is the Cricinfo WC 2011 home page for further information.

Here is the Cricinfo Fantasy WC page. If you feel like joining the league, the league name is Westeros and the Pin number is 7274. Maltaran is the league boss, sort of like the Westeros version of the chairman of the ICC, and will have to approve your membership.

Here is a link to the Cricket Canada steering body, in case anyone cares.

I feel your pain.

Edit: Why didn't I pick Sehwag? That was a huge oversight.

He wasn't my Captain, but I'm still annoyed about Tendulkar being out so early. He should have been filling his boots against the Bangladeshis.

Eloisa has the Little Master too, so we're both annoyed.

Slick: Depends on why he's batting with a runner. If he's injured, that'll affect him later in the tournament, so maybe not such an oversight after all.

India will probably be satisfied to get a win and a good run rate out of the first match. But with Sehwag unable to take his place on the field for the entire fielding segment they might have some jitters.

Bangladesh batted well, but completely overshadowed by India. The relative ease with which Bangladesh kept up 5+ Run rate was surprising to me, before the pressure built up and people got out trying to score runs. Lets hope they can keep that up for the next games.

Congratulations to India, great start.

I think Bangladesh shouldn't be too disappointed by the defeat even if was a heavy one, as you say they did bat fairly well and got to what would normally be considered a decent total. Their bowling was taken to pieces, but it was an excellent Indian batting attack they were up against.

As for the Fantasy League, I'm just trying to lull you all into a false sense of security, just wait until tomorrow when I should actually score some points :leaving:

Oh, yeah, and based off the warm-up results, guess who's *very* happy to have put Broad in his team :D :D :D

After seeing that, I was a bit tempted to swap Mendis for him. I still might, but I guess I can see how Sri Lanka's match tomorrow goes.

The Bangladeshis did do well...and I think exposed some of the Indian bowling problems. India's attack is decent but not great, and I think against some of the top batting teams in the tournament it might be considered a weakness. I think it'll be important for India to bat first in as many matches as they can to try and cover over any shakiness in the bowling.

I think they've decided on 4 frontline bowlers (with one spinner) and 2-3 part timers to fill the quota. Its a shame that Sreesanth is one of the four, and Zaheer is a bit fragile. You could almost make the case for an extra bowler in this match, since we only needed 4 batsmen for the 50 overs.

Speaking of bowlers, even SA seem better than Australia in the spin department. Slightly risky strategy the latter are taking.

I switched out Zaheer for Malinga for my fantasy team. Just my luck he'll be tonked all round the park tomorrow.

Archived