2011 Cricket World Cup

Stubby

On a serious note, I find it hard to credit that 4 fifties in one innings tied the WC record.

Really? That is surprising.

I suppose if teams bat well then you usually get two or three players taking up a lot of the overs, but still it isn't that much of a push to get four half centuries.

On the fantasy front I havn't been able to get on the internet until today so I've been trying to work out my scores from a suspect memory of how the scoring works. Not too bad so far but I think some changes might be called for. I never like substituting fantasy players because they're guaranteed to do well in the very next game. <_<

I never like substituting fantasy players because they're guaranteed to do well in the very next game. <_<

I find that happens to mee, too.

the only reason I'm transferring players is that, in this early phase, you might wait a week between matches for your guys. Hence, swapping a player who had a game yesterday for a player or two who's in that day's game plays dividends (unless you pick the team's worst-performing bastman, and make him captain)

I am officially screwed - first Yardy and now Tsotsobe didn't get a game.

:tantrum:

Tell me about it, and I was so close to going with Tahir instead of Tsotsobe but I thought going for an untried international player might be too much of a risk. :crying:

In all seriousness: Is it truly acceptable to have a spinner be your top sledger? Yah, I get the Warnie thing (but he was Warnie), but would you seriously say he was even the best Aussie of that era? Benn is an goombah.

Healy was better at it overall. But in conjunction with Warnie his efforts were epic.

I looked at the fixture list and completely missed the Australia-NZ game today. So transferred all my Aussies out. :dunce:

Johnson gets 4 wickets.... :crying:

And Watson got 62. So that was a complete disaster.

Reasonably tidy win in the end but I don't think the Aussies should be fooled. Our bowling attack on paper looked like it did well but in reality we got lucky, lots of the wickets were off bad balls - at least three batsmen fell to cut shots to short and wide deliveries. Ponting needs a score to boost his confidence. The rest of the batting lineup looks fine.

I do worry however that our bowling attack doesn't have an 'economy' bowler in it - Lee, Tait, Johnson and Krejza can all go for plenty of runs and there is no McGrath-like seamer who is known for his miserly spells. If a power-heavy India, Sri Lanka or South Africa start motoring the ball out of the park I don't know if we have anyone who can stop the flow of runs.

Archived