2011 Cricket World Cup

Stubby

I would like it established, for the record, that my poor performance in the League has been due to the fact that I got married last weekend, and have thus had other concerns.

Congrats MC (and Eloisa of course) :cheers: :cheers:.

Congratz McGeek and Eloisa!

Bangladesh is having their infamous collapses again, 41-5. And here I thought these embarrassing days were behind us *sigh*.

Edits: 51-6. Ugh.

56-8. I wonder if we can make it to 60... :bang:

No. No we can't. :stillsick:

At least th WI should win

also Pakistan manged a narrow escape.

Finally getting a chance to sit back and enjoy some cricket.

Urm, it is wrong to hope for three quick WI wickets so Chanderpaul can get some runs? Need sum points and I've him at captain for this fixture :worried:.

Fairly strong SL team to play the Aussies at home today...if Australia is finally going to have its 12 year unbeaten streak in WCs broken, then this might just be the game for it.

Fairly strong SL team to play the Aussies at home today...if Australia is finally going to have its 12 year unbeaten streak in WCs broken, then this might just be the game for it.

Disappointing rainout. I think Sri Lanka were actually going fairly well and Australia would have had trouble chasing any sort of target, with the pitch assisting the spinners and the Sri Lankans playing three of them. Australia needs a tough match and so far three matches in they haven't got it. It could leave them a bit underdone when the other stages come around...

Disappointing rainout. I think Sri Lanka were actually going fairly well and Australia would have had trouble chasing any sort of target, with the pitch assisting the spinners and the Sri Lankans playing three of them. Australia needs a tough match and so far three matches in they haven't got it. It could leave them a bit underdone when the other stages come around...

Speaking of the rainout -- what happens to the match? Is it completely abandoned, or it is played in some truncated fashion later in the tournament? If abandoned, how is it scored for group stage?

Speaking of the rainout -- what happens to the match? Is it completely abandoned, or it is played in some truncated fashion later in the tournament? If abandoned, how is it scored for group stage?

The games are completely abandoned Xray, with both teams being awarded 1 point in the group stage standings.

It's listed in the points table as a "no result". Each team gets one point.

I've been poking around on the Cricinfo and ICC sites but couldn't find their playing conditions. I'm pretty sure it's not replayed.

Bloody hell, 20 wickets for less than 400 runs, are we sure this game was played in India? :shocked:

Brilliant match there. England were playing catchup for about 90% of the match but stole a famous win. The South African batting is quite weak in the lower order, compared to the times when they had allrounders like Klusener, Pollock, Hall etc to strengthen it up.

Oh god, I know we are going to lose this match. There is Pathan yet to come...but after that its a fairly long tail.

All you needed was Pathan and his sixes, but it was another respectable performance from Ireland, they did look like they were in with a good chance of winning there but couldn't make the crucial breakthrough after India were 5 down.

It was a great game earlier as well, England do seem to have the knack for beating South Africa in one day games recently, and South Africa apparently haven't lost their knack for losing World Cup games they should have won. England's batting was pretty woeful apart from Trott and Bopara (possibly Bopara's best innings for England), but their bowling was excellent aside from Yardy (I think on that pitch a proper second spinner like Tredwell would have been helpful).

England do have a potential problem though, with reports that Pietersen's hernia injury has worsened and he's going to have to fly home immediately. Eoin Morgan might be a potential replacement if he's fully recovered from his broken finger, which might well strengthen the England batting line-up.

Archived