2011 Cricket World Cup

Stubby

Pakistan wins! Woohoo!!

FIrst time Australia have lost in a world cup since 1999. The last time they lost was at the hands of Pakistan as well. ALso, this was their lowest total in a world cup since 1992.

I have a feeling Pakistan could really end up winning this world cup.

FIrst time Australia have lost in a world cup since 1999. The last time they lost was at the hands of Pakistan as well. ALso, this was their lowest total in a world cup since 1992.

I well remember that 1999 defeat - it was a close run affair. Pakistan were batting terribly slowly until Inzy and Moin Khan destroyed us with 108 in the last 10 overs (funny how you can remember random stats like that but forget others). Moin hit three big sixes. Australia looked to be in the chase but fell 10 runs short at the end with 10 off 4 balls needed but unfortunately McGrath at the crease. ;)

Bloody Hell, got pissed to drown my rugby sorrows and forgot to use up my last seven transfers. :frown5:

Likewise. Well, not the pissed bit, just the transfers. And now fucking Roach hasn't got a game.

Time for this sorry Indian team to be booted out by Sri Lanka.

I think my pre World Cup predictions had South Africa going all the way, and I'm feeling good about that. Of course, they could cock it up in the knockouts. Still, I put them as odds on favorites ahead of Australia (or even England).

I don't think India really want to win this game. I'm not accusing them of throwing it, but there's definitely a lack of intensity.

Intensity's not really a word that I associate with this Indian team, either they play well or they don't but either way they're not particularly intense about it.

I remembered to use up all my remaining transfers but it hasn't done me much good with Gayle not playing and Tendulkar getting 2 runs.

Unlike say the Australian team of the past decade, this Indian team wilts when things are not going their way. Except for a few performers like Zaheer, of course. Its something of a problem in the middle overs when they just let things meander along.

Right now the two quick wickets have their backs up and the crowd is helping too.

:tantrum:

Calypso collapsos strike again!!

Hard to predict the outcome PAK vs WI- could go either way. And my loyalties are divided.

ETA With WI at 80/8 I doubt the Pakiatani team can lose from here.

Pakistan win by 10 wickets and with 28.1 overs to spare

Both teams should be forced to play a second innings just to give the crowd their money's worth.

I know the Windies are shit, but this shit?

Archived