2011 Cricket World Cup

Stubby

For the first time since I started watching cricket, a team other than Australia is going to win the WC!!

:commie: :commie: :commie: :commie:

:commie: :commie: :commie: :commie:

My commentator's curse worked as always :thumbsup:.

ETA: Pak v India semi-final :drool:.

I wish I had gone down this morning and put money on Ponting getting a ton today

It was so inevitable

OK, what odds a Ponting ton and an Australia loss?

that said, 260 never felt anywhere near enough

My commentator's curse worked as always :thumbsup:.

ETA: Pak v India semi-final :drool:.

That's something to look forward to!

I will stay up all night to watch that.

AS for the other 1/4's , Prob SL and SAF will get through.

Worst possible result for Australia - not only are they out of the World Cup but Ponting will use his 100 to try to justify hanging around for another couple of years.

I guess in the end we achieved about as much as could be hoped for for a team that is now clearly outside the top 4 in the world. At least now I can look on impartially at the remaining games (provided of course, England don't win - that would be unbearable).

DK is right...Ponting hanging around will be a bad thing. Great as his innings was, it was the perfect way to go out now.

I think if Australia won the whole thing Ponting might have retired completely. Right now the best to hope for is that he'll ditch the ODI game (he's not going to make another World Cup) and putter along in Tests for a little bit more. I'm not convinced he'll stay in Tests much longer either but the ODI hundred will get some critics off his back about earning his place in the team - in any form of the game a century will at least show that you still have some of the skills required for success in the game.

I also thought 260 wasn't enough. Bar Ponting and David Hussey at the end, there was a feeling that the innings was just plodding along without any impetus and we should have scored more. I know India were under pressure chasing a total with their powerhouse lineup but still, the slow wicket wasn't good for us - blunted our fast bowlers and we didn't have the spinners to exploit it.

I hope India/Pakistan lives up to the billing!

Not against India's powerhouse batting. That's why the Semis are gonna be awesome. Bowling powerhouse vs Batting powerhouse. Oh baby! :spank:

Speficially, battle of the allrounders: Afridi's bowling vs Yuvraj's batting.

Also: McCullum, WTF WAS THAT? MORON!! I know I picked SA to win,but I thought you'd do *something*...

Never thought I would live to see the day of South Africa opening with a spin bowler and playing three spinners in the same line-up :stunned:.

NZ look to be struggling here, but I'm not going to write them off just yet as they have often proved to be a stumbling block for the Saffies in World Cups.

Also: McCullum, WTF WAS THAT? MORON!! I know I picked SA to win,but I thought you'd do *something*...

Yeah, good one, skip. Ya fuckin' crab. :tantrum: *

* Abuse directed at McCullum not McGeek...

Archived