2011 Cricket World Cup

Stubby

Also: McCullum, WTF WAS THAT? MORON!! I know I picked SA to win,but I thought you'd do *something*...

At least McCullum may give us a few fielding points. I'm less optimistic about Guptill... :bang:

Never thought I would live to see the day of South Africa opening with a spin bowler and playing three spinners in the same line-up :stunned:.

NZ look to be struggling here, but I'm not going to write them off just yet as they have often proved to be a stumbling block for the Saffies in World Cups.

Maybe they've learnt to adapt to the conditions. Also, they've proved no total is too low for them to fail to chase...

Was just about to post that NZ had to get either Kallis or ABD out soon to have any chance of preventing a complete humping

and then Kallis gets out.

If NZ can get either Duminy or de Villiers quickly here, then we've got a chance (how good a chance I'm not sure, but it's still a chance).

But if these two settle in then she's all over.

Holy shit!

If NZ can get either Duminy or de Villiers quickly here

Or fuck it, how about BOTH!!!!!! in the same over!!!

NZ. You. Fucking. Beauties.

Of course, the problem is that now I've got my hopes up. Please, please, please, finish this off NZ.

This is so awesome!!!

Weirdly, I said to Mrs Vestrit last night that I expected SA to thrash us, but that winning this game is the kind of thing this NZ side would go and do. Be crap for most of the tournament and then go and win the quarter final against a much better team

ETA: that said, am I right in thinking that Morkal has a history of walloping the ball? If we let him get his eye in the game could still be SA's?

As Ravi Shastri is wont to say : "It aint over until someone large sings". Maybe Faf can pull off a Miandad, sheparding Morkel and Tahir through the finish line.

That's what worries me

I've been following the NZ team for too long not to half-expect us to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory here

Haha Mapu :cheers:.

Incidentally, is this the first time NZ have outperformed Aus in the WC?

No, in 1992 we made the semis and the Australians didn't.

In fact we almost made the final. Had Pakistan in all sorts of trouble and then a teenager called Inzaman-ul-Haq came to the wicket and walloped us out of Eden Park

Back to this game - thank christ for du Plessis getting out. I was getting a bit nervous there!

Sad for SA, and in particular I feel a bit for Kallis, but all credit to the Kiwis.

Even that fucking useless twat B McCullum. Some captain he turned out to be. First he fucks up his own batting, then he gets his foot in the way and gets my SA batsman out. :P

I'm even prepared to say that I will barrack for NZ in the semi - given that they have made a stack of semi-finals before and never made the final.

Archived