2011 Cricket World Cup

Stubby

Cricinfo just gave a brief summary of the Black Caps' form leading in to this tournament:

This is the team that prepared for this Word Cup by failing to make the final of a tri-series in Sri Lanka, being humiliated 4-0 by Bangladesh and then being hammered 5-0 in India. Oh, and they then lost a one-day series 3-2 at home to Pakistan.

Incredible effort to perform so well in this WC after what must have been a pretty demoralising period in NZ cricket. Hopefully Vettori can now finish off his time as NZ captain on a high.

Cricinfo just gave a brief summary of the Black Caps' form leading in to this tournament:

Incredible effort to perform so well in this WC after what must have been a pretty demoralising period in NZ cricket. Hopefully Vettori can now finish off his time as NZ captain on a high.

I agree- I wan NZ to win, but also want Murali to exit on a hogh.

Another clue then.

Haha, nice pics. I think Stubby's caption is exactly what went through my mind :thumbsup:

I agree- I wan NZ to win, but also want Murali to exit on a hogh.

I want SL to go through because I hope the cup stays in the subcontinents. SL has been brilliant and probably the only team that can take on India, should they make it through Pakistan (which I hope not!).

p.s. Pax, come to chat you hobo!

SL has been brilliant and probably the only team that can take on India, should they make it through Pakistan

I agree, and for that reason want Sri Lanka to win. They seem the best all-around team: not as good at batting as India but their bowling more than makes up for it.

*waves her Go Malinga flag* :commie:

Just to give you some perspective, tomorrow's match has pretty much become an unofficial national holiday here. The only thing preventing that from happening entirely is that the match starts at 2:30pm, so most people will probably come in to work in the morning and then leave after lunch.

I had a 2pm class scheduled and the students requested it be cancelled in favor of a longer class next week. The request was granted. If India wins tomorrow, shit is gonna go nuclear.

@naz: That's just pure awesome. I wish we were as keen on this great game as you guys are :ohwell:.

@Stubby: Did we speak too soon? A few wickets have given the Black Caps hope. Still should be in the bag for the 'Lankans but you never know...

Archived