List of death

strongboar

No, this is in SOS. Opening chapter, when they're going to the Fingers... the dude who w2anted to rebel against Mormont, remember? The first chappie was from his POV.

Oh right him. I am in the middle of my re-read and I am half way through CoK (man I forgot how slowly that book moves compared to AGoT) so I am not that far yet. I had forgotten about that chapter.

Chett is the guy you are thinking of. And you are right, he was an arse.

Imagine GRRM having written the Lord of the rings! He would have killed Frodo in the first 200 pages, Arwen would have cheated on Aragorn and he would have committed suicide, Legolas would be f#@$@#ed by Gimli and then killed, Gandalf would be dead also (maybe he would undie him too), Sauron would definitely loose an eye, and so many other glorious things we can't even imagine... :lmao:

• 1 month later...

Based on Rahvin20's list I made some annotations just in case I don't remember later.

Finished the ones corresponding to first book for now. I'm working on ACoK.

Contains SPOILERS!!!

A Song of Ice and Fire

Death List

A Game of Thrones - 54 deaths

Ser Waymar Royce *Ranger of the Night's Watch. By Others turned to Wight.

Will *Ranger of the Night's Watch. By Waymar Royce in the form of a wight.

Gared *Ranger of the Night's Watch. By Ice. By Ned Stark for desertion.

Jon Arryn *Lord Eyrie, Hand, East Warden. By Tears of Lys, By Lady Lysa, Littlefinger.

Lady *Sansa's direwolf. By Ice. By Cersei's orders. By Ned Stark.

Mycah *Arya's friend. Slain by Sandor “The Hound” Clegane.

Ser Hugh *Squire to J. Arryn. Knighted By Robert. Tourney of the Hand by Gregor Clegane.

Jyck *Lannister Guard. Slain on the Mountains of the Moon by Mountain Clansmen.

Kurleket *Bracken men at arms. Assist L Catelyn. Slain. Mountains of the Moon by Clansmen.

Mohor *Bracken men at arms. Assist L Catelyn. Slain Mountains of the Moon by Clansmen.

Morrec *Lannister Servant. Festering wound after an attack by Mountain Clansmen.

Chiggen *Sellsword with Bronn. Arrow in the belly. Bronn cuts his throat in the Mountain.

Lharys *Bracken men at arms. Assist L. Catelyn. Slain Mountains of the Moon by Clansmen.

Wyl *Stark Guard. Slain by men of Jaime after going to whorehouse to see Robert's bastard.

Heward *Stark Guard. Slain by men of Jaime after going to whorehouse to see Robert's bastard.

Jory Cassel *Stark Captain Guard. Slain by Jaime men after the brothel visit.

Wallen *Wildling, deserter of NW. By Grey Wind on the Wolfswood.

Hali *Wildling spearwife. By Summer on the Wolfswood.

Stiv *Wildling, deserter of NW. By Theon. By Arrow on the Wolfswood.

Tregar *Lannister Guard with Jaime. By Ned Stark on KL streets.

Ser Vardis Egen *Champion of House Arryn. Bronn kills him at Tyrion's trial in Eyrie.

Viserys Targaryen *Beggar King. “Crowned in gold” by Drogo in Vaes Dothrak.

Robert Baratheon *Boar by strongwine by Lancel, by Cersei.

Fat Tom *Tomard. Stark Guard. Slain by the City Watch of KL.

Varly *Stark Guard. Slain by Janos Slynt when Ned is arrested.

Cayn *Stark Guard. Slain by Sandor Clegane when Ned is arrested.

Hullen *Stark Master of Horse. Harwin's father. Slain in Ned's arrest.

Desmond *Stark guard. Killed when Ned is arrested.

Othor *NW member. Ranger with Benjen. Corpse turned to wight. Killed by Jon Snow by fire.

Jafer Flowers *NW member. Ranger with Benjen. Corpse turned to wight. Cut to pieces.

Lord Vance *Slain in the Golden Tooth Battle by Lannisters commanded by Jaime.

Ser Raymun Darry *Lord of Darry. Wanted to hunt Gregor Clegane, but killed by him.

Masha Heddle *Innkeeper of Crossroads Inn. Hanged for Tyrion's kidnap. By Lannisters.

Ser Jaremy Rykker *NW 1st ranger. Killed by Jafer Flowers as a wight.

Khal Ogo *Slain by Khal Drogo in Dothraki Sea. Father of Fogo.

Khal Fogo *Killed by Khal Drogo in Dothraki Sea. Ogo's heir.

Ulf son of Umar *Moon Brother. Accompany Tyrion. Slain in the Green Fork Battle.

Conn son of Coratt *Stone Crow. Accompany Tyrion. Slain in the Green Fork Battle.

Torrhen Karstark *Ld Rickard's son. Robb's guard. Slain by Jaime in Whispering wood battle

Eddard Karstark *Ld Rickard's son. Robb's guard. Slain by Jaime in Whispering wood battle.

Daryn Hornwood *Ld Halys heir. Robb's guard. Slain by Jaime in Whispering wood battle.

Quaro *Dany's bloodrider. Slain by Qotho in Dothraki Sea.

Qotho *Khal Drogo's bloodrider. Slain by Ser Jorah in Dothraki Sea.

Haggo *Khal Drogo's bloodrider. Slain by Rakharo in Dothraki Sea.

Cohollo *Oldest Khal Drogo bloodrider. Slain by Aggo in Dothraki Sea.

Eddard Stark *Winterfell Ld. Hand. Beheaded by Ilyn Payne by Joffrey's command.

Septa Mordane *From Wnterfell. Killed after Ned's arrest. Head on spike.

Veyon Poole *Steward of Winterfell. Killed after Ned's arrest. Jeyne's father.

Rhaego *Son of Dany and Drogo. By Blood Magic by Mirri Maz Duur. Stillborn.

Eroeh *Lhazareen girl. Raped and killed by Mago in Dothraki Sea.

Khal Drogo *Dany's husband. Chest wound festered. By Mirri Maz Duur. Smothered. Burned.

Andros Brax *Hornvale Lord. Drowns on Riverrun siege.

Mirri Maz Duur *Maegi burned by Dany on Drogo's funeral pyre.

If you want to download as pdf. Do it here.

Or as an image here.

If you find errors, feel free to let me know.

No, this is in SOS. Opening chapter, when they're going to the Fingers... the dude who w2anted to rebel against Mormont, remember? The first chappie was from his POV.

Oh, that was Chett. Maester Aemon's former assistant and master of the hounds at Castle Black.

Also, nice work with the list.

Is there a AFFC one?

WARNING:SPOILERS(ASoS)

Dont forget, Berric Dondarrion died plenty times xD, six I beleive? So can we really call that a death? Lady Catlyn as well, she seemed to have 'respawned' (for the most part) in the Epilogue at the end of ASoS.

I give you thumbs up though, these lists are pretty impressive.

Chett, the fellow with the boils and warts all over his face was seen by Sam in Whitetree as a re-animated wight along with some of his less savory companions (like Lark the Sisterman).

Imagine GRRM having written the Lord of the rings! He would have killed Frodo in the first 200 pages, Arwen would have cheated on Aragorn and he would have committed suicide, Legolas would be f#@$@#ed by Gimli and then killed, Gandalf would be dead also (maybe he would undie him too), Sauron would definitely loose an eye, and so many other glorious things we can't even imagine... :lmao:

Hobbits die when Wizards play their game of thrones.

Here's my stab at AFFC:

Pate, apprentice Maester. Slain: "Jaqen H'gar" Faceless Man.

Gregor Clegane, all round nice fellow. Slain: Oberyn Martell, Red Viper.

Cragorn, hornblower. Killed blowing Valyrian Dragon Horn.

Pyg, Brave Companion. Slain: Brienne.

Timeon, ditto. Slain: Brienne.

Shagwell, ditto. Slain: Brienne.

Arys Oakheart, Kingsguard. Slain: Areo Hotah, Captain of the Guard.

Marillion, bard. Executed on orders of Petyr Baelish, Lord Paramount of the Trident.

Senelle, maid. Given to Qyburn by Cersei "Baratheon", Queen Regent of the Seven Kingdoms.

Balman Byrch, knight. Slain: Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, Lord Stokeworth.

Dareon, NW deserter. Slain: Arya Stark.

Aemon Targaryen, maester. Natural causes.

Tanda Stokeworth, lady. Natural causes(?).

Falyse Stokeworth, lady. Given to Qyburn.

Rorge, brigand. Slain: Brienne.

Gyles Rosby, Hand of the King. Natural causes.

Biter, brigand. Slain: Gendry.

Ryman Frey, heir to the Twins. Hanged by Stoneheart.

Reynald Westerling. Killed at the Red Wedding

Jate, man at arms. Killed by wolfpack.

Guest Other-in-Law

Here's my stab at AFFC:

(snip)

Forgot Lady Whent, death reported by LF,

and Nimble Dick Crabb, slain by Shagwell,

and Baelor Blacktyde, executed by order of King Euron,

and Sawane Botley, executed by same.

Well now I am sure of the feeling I have the "everybody" is getting killed off. I was pretty amazed at how many of the named people at the Hand's Tourney and Renly's little melee at Bitteridge (sp) were killed off in the subsequent battles.

I am hoping there are families and folks that GRRM had yet to name, because it doesn't seem like there are gong to be many people left in the end.

Forgot Lady Whent, death reported by LF,

and Nimble Dick Crabb, slain by Shagwell,

and Baelor Blacktyde, executed by order of King Euron,

and Sawane Botley, executed by same.

Sawane's killed in ASOS, but the rest I will humbly accept.

Well now I am sure of the feeling I have the "everybody" is getting killed off. I was pretty amazed at how many of the named people at the Hand's Tourney and Renly's little melee at Bitteridge (sp) were killed off in the subsequent battles.

I am hoping there are families and folks that GRRM had yet to name, because it doesn't seem like there are gong to be many people left in the end.

If we add it all up there's 54 dead in AGOT, 72 in ACOK, 97 ASOS and 23 AFFC for a total of 246 named characters. I don't know the exact figures but that's out of easily 1000+ named characters. The rate of introduction at the moment is still adding to that (AFFC is notoriously introductive) so I think we're safe. In fact most people argue George should be killing a bit more and introducing less...

Marillion, bard. Executed on orders of Petyr Baelish, Lord Paramount of the Trident.

Senelle, maid. Given to Qyburn by Cersei "Baratheon", Queen Regent of the Seven Kingdoms.

Dareon, NW deserter. Slain: Arya Stark.

Isn't there some doubt that Marillion was actually executed? I remember reading somewhere on the forum that the identity of the prisoner and his death were not 100% confirmed. Ditto for doubt on Arya killing Dareon. Was Senelle actually confirmed dead. I remember "used up" or some euphemism like that from Qyburn.

Several of the men sent by Ned to deal with Gregor happened to be at court because they had participated in the tourney. That's a bad draw: come for a tournament and get assigned to kill the Mountain that Rides. Especially bad for Beric...!

Archived