HBO sending out cool presentation packs

Werthead

So I imagine its just a very rough map. Done by somebody from the North who has not been south. :)

And not somebody frome White Harbor, either, otherwise they'd probably know their major ports of call much better.

And not somebody frome White Harbor, either, otherwise they'd probably know their major ports of call much better.

It could have been Balon Greyjoy's revenge upon Robert for taking Pyke. Might he have paid off the map makers of Oldtown and Braavos for a little payback of sorts.

I want one of these boxes! Badly! But I'm afraid that for now I'll just have to stay content seeing videos

showing the exact content.

I love the looks, and the fact that they've made it look really worn, and as inaccurate as any medieval scroll should be. On the minus side there's the hereldry. It's not looking very good (an it seems that the green field for the Stark direwolf is here to stay).

We have posted our takes here, with our own video, but I'm afraid it's not as good as Hutchins' (who has a lot more experience with this sort of thing -- my first Youtube video!)

I would not worry about the green. These items were produced by third-parties, and from the color-graded Winterfell and Ned-arriving-at-King's Landing scenes, it sure looks like the green has become grey in final editing. I suspect we'll see the same at the tourney once it's fully graded. Similarly, they're not changing the Tyrells to feature a brownish rose on gold, or the Lannisters to a black lion on red.

If someone knows how to get one of these (or can buy me one of them) it would be gladly appreciated! I'm pretty sure over here in Germany this would be rather, well, impossible. That is, if this things is not available at amazon, or eventually on ebay ;-).

It's not something that's ever going to go out to the general public. I suppose someone may eventually put theirs up on Ebay or something (no, don't ask, Linda and I are not selling!) but I would expect the price to be exorbirant. I did some digging and the cost to put together packages like this for this sort of promotion is very, very high -- hundreds of dollars, even thousands in some cases.

It's not something that's ever going to go out to the general public. I suppose someone may eventually put theirs up on Ebay or something (no, don't ask, Linda and I are not selling!) but I would expect the price to be exorbirant. I did some digging and the cost to put together packages like this for this sort of promotion is very, very high -- hundreds of dollars, even thousands in some cases.

The oils alone, if they were purchased from one of the artisanal houses that really knows what its doing in creating oil scents that aren't traditional perfume, could have cost upwards of $20-$40 per vial. (Most of what I've seen in this vein comes from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, although their stuff is meant to be worn and isn't just atmosphere. The Who Killed Amanda Palmer perfume oils were some down right odd scents -- Floater was described a "murky water, rotting leaves and silt -- and were $25 for 5ml.) Six of them in a box and the price really would get very high, very fast.

Let alone the beautiful containers, art and the box. I can see individual components possibly being mass-produced some day, but these whole sets are serious collector's items. You are so lucky to have received one!

It's a wee bit odd that the Vale and Mountains of the Moon don't seem to have House Arryn's coat of arms on them. All of the other regions have their symbols depicted.

Yeah, it's a minor detail, but it bothers me too. Especially since they even show the Kraken of Greyjoy.

I suspect it's his girlfriend (wife?) Clare who got HBO's sights on them. Check out her Twitter profile: she lists her home as Manetheren (well, Manetheron), and calls herself ta'veren... She's a fantasy fan. And now I remember that I saw her tweeting about the series some months back.

RL Stine got a package as well. He, too, had tweeted about the show with anticipation, and has apparently read at least the first novel. I'm not sure why Violet Blue got one, exactly, but for all I know she's mentioned the series as well. A lot of it seems based on people who've made remarks.

What I'm surprised about is that Felicia Day hasn't gotten one, apparently. Or John Hodgman.

Also, there is a call for five novices after you've made your first link. I have my link; if anybody wants to sign up and be my novice, I'd appreciate it. ;p

(I wish I'd known about the novice thing before finding the main link, because I would have signed up as someone else's novice. I don't think it makes any change to the experience other than that.)

Yeah, so far there does not seem to be anything special entailed in getting five novices -- you will be eligible to appear on the list of the Acclaimed or something such, but it looks like you will need more and more novices over time to be there.

The list doesn't seem to be functioning yet. Who knows, maybe there will be some reward to go with it for the top 3 or 10 or whatever.

Archived