[Pre-ADwD Spoilers] Tyrion 1 - Spoilers for ADWD

Jon Targaryen

I hope he recovers by the time he gets back to Westeros, and I hope he finally forgives Jaimie. Jaimie was the only member of his family who ever treated him with respect and kindness (even if he lied about Tryions 1st love).

As much as I like Jaime/Tyrion chemistry, I highly doubt they'll ever forgive each other. It sucks that we only get to see ONE scene of them interacting before things turn sour. Jaime hates Tyrion as much as Tyrion hates Jaime now. I'm guessing they'll end up killing each other.

Jaime hates Tyrion as much as Tyrion hates Jaime now. I'm guessing they'll end up killing each other.

Arguably, Tyrion hates Jamie, though we have yet to see his POV on ADWD, but I don't think Jamie hates Tyrion, whenever he thinks of him on AFFC he thinks about him fondly, even when he finds out he killed Tywin, he seems to feel more guilty about indirectly causing his death, than being being angry at Tyrion for him killing their father.

Arguably, Tyrion hates Jamie, though we have yet to see his POV on ADWD, but I don't think Jamie hates Tyrion, whenever he thinks of him on AFFC he thinks about him fondly, even when he finds out he killed Tywin, he seems to feel more guilty about indirectly causing his death, than being being angry at Tyrion for him killing their father.

How do you get that notion? Jaime says if had known Tyrion would kill their father, he would've stopped him and then he would be the kinslayer. He also talks about avenging Tywin, although, I can't remember the exact quote. Avenging Tywin = killing Tyrion

I agree the mushrooms are a Chekov's Gun. From the first review we're told Tyrion is taken by slavers at some point. Perhaps he poisons his captor?

Re: the slave girl. Odd, but I never thought he had done it. It's still out of character, despite his new darkness. But he's always gotten off on creeping people out, that's consistent. And now it's gotten worse, edging into cruelty. But I can't see him then just raping someone. That's a change of 180 degrees from his previous adult nature. I'm not saying he might not become that guy in the future, but not at this short stage.

It's implied that they do, however. He requests it of her, and he tells Illyrio that she did all that was required of her. He might by lying both times, but I doubt it, and it would in any case not be the first time for Tyrion to use/abuse unwilling girls.

I don't think so. While bathing him, she asks if she should wait for him after dinner. He says no, but dislikes how happy she looks at the news and gets more upset when she asks if he would prefer a boy. So he changes his mind, says yes, wait for him after dinner, naked.

She just finished up washing him when he said she did all that was required.

Archived