Extended Iron Throne Preview

Westeros

A brand new teaser has come out form HBO tonight… well, more or less. Drawing heavily from some of the other teasers, especially the amazing “Iron Throne” teaser, this new one includes some amazing footage—footage which seems to feature the fully edited, color-graded material we’ll see on screen—and some terrific snippets of dialog from scenes we haven’t generally seen as of yet outside of certain screenings (including the 5 minute reel critics have seen). Enjoy!

A few new screen caps tomorrow in our gallery, but you can find the “Iron Throne” teaser bits largely covered starting here.

Visit the Site!

Okay, NERDGASM! Just how awesome is the godswood? The honking heart tree? Sweet! Another clip of Tyrion smacking Joff! Gorgeous, gorgeous visuals. Love it, can't wait!

One thing though: Ned fighting Jaime... So, Jory is down, but so are, what, 9-10 Lannister guards? Someone's taken a couple of levels in Badass :shocked:

Chills and more chills

I especially loved the scream heard in the haunted forest with Will looking pale and scared, and also the Mountain taking out Ser Hugh of the Vale

And even though the Ned vs Jaime fight was not in the book, I still am looking forward to it all.

Gah! Incredible, goosebump stuff. Loved the new glimpses we caught and I for one am thrilled with how closely they seem to be adhering to canon. You recognize just about every moment from the books (well, except the Ned/Jaime tussle but I'm cool with that).

One thing though: Ned fighting Jaime... So, Jory is down, but so are, what, 9-10 Lannister guards? Someone's taken a couple of levels in Badass :shocked:

Looking at the still of the scene, I see 4 Lannister guards down and 3 Starks (one is Jory?). In the still their also appears to be 1 or 2 more Lannister guards down behind Jaime and Ed (may need to check the video). Two Starks appear to have been slain by thrown spears and thus don't account for any of the downed Lannisters perhaps. That leaves Jory and Ed to have slain perhaps 3 guards each (at the most) before the Jaime-Ed duel? Up to 4 of the guards are close to Ed, 2 closer to what appears to be Jory's body. So, maybe Ed takes 4 Lannisters before he duels with Jaime?

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Gallery/Entry/2407/

Looked great! I am really impressed by the godswood. They captured the scene perfectly IMO. The still pool in the center just screams serenity, and the heartree looks just like I imagined. Just hope the face carved into the heartree will match the rest of the awesomeness.

The trailer is great. However, the Godswood, to me... it looks a little more "Lothlorian" than what I was thinking (gah, now I've done it). It's so light and airy, and beautiful. My impressions of a Godswood (pretty much anywhere, not just at Winterfell) is a grim and stark place. So, not what I was thinking at all... but I guess this should be reserved for the "nitpick" thread :blush:

Archived