The Maester's Path Begins

Westeros

GameOfThrones_Maesters_Path_06_M.jpgAs predicted, HBO has launched The Maester’s Path, a series of interactive puzzles. This is viral marketing at its finest, from what we can see so far… and also as predicted, the symbols that we and others received are the key to the first puzzle. Feel free to look at them here!

Every monday will see a new puzzle, as you work to gain knowledge. We’re guessing that perhaps each week is going to see the “influencers” chosen by HBO possibly receiving a new package with more clues for future puzzles. The site promises “great rewards”... wonder what those might be?

Visit the Site!

Okay... this is pretty cool. And I'm glad I was on the right track, too, regarding the fact that the symbols in the package would be used in a puzzle!

One hint: there are a couple of unique symbols (no duplicates), so line those up first with their appropriate locations, and then puzzle out the rest. Remember, only three symbols for each of the five areas.

If you have just two of the locations, you should be able to get the puzzle pretty quickly. I just worked from the ones Ran posted. Not too difficult, but pretty neat.

Nice little iconic prize at the end.

Anybody get 5 "novices" to follow them yet? I just sent something out to friends. Wondering if you get something else if you do that.

No novices for me yet, but I think most people I know (at least those who are interested in this) have already signed up for themselves. I hope that the only difference is that those with the most novices are those who rise highest on the "Acclaimed" list, and not that they get extra snippets or previews.

No novices for me yet, but I think most people I know (at least those who are interested in this) have already signed up for themselves. I hope that the only difference is that those with the most novices are those who rise highest on the "Acclaimed" list, and not that they get extra snippets or previews.

What am I too little to notice? :rolleyes: - I followed your link from the other thread maybe its just not showing up yet.

It's a click-to-play video located just above the phrase "Your nose is wise enough to navigate the stews and septs of Westeros." No email or anything, I don't think - it's just a sneak peek of a previously-unreleased (?) snippet. [This one's between Jon and Arya.]

Thank you so much. Very cool. No idea why it didn't work the first time, but I redid the test and got it.

Archived