MGoT Interview… and Set Visit Report!

Westeros

Long in the planning, Making Game of Thrones has now published an interview we did shortly after my visit to Belfast back in October—I was quite honored to be considered a worthwhile subject! The genesis of Westeros.org, our involvement in the fandom, and my impressions of the visit are briefly covered. And now that that’s published…

The set visit reports resumes! Shortly after my return from Belfast, I started posting a bit of the experience, but I stopped before I actually got into Paint Hall, instead describing how it came to be that I had this opportunity (an unprecedented one, I’m told) and breakfast with George and Parris. Now, in this first installment, my visit to the Paint Hall-proper, beginning with a lonely tower and a high hall…

More parts to come!

Visit the Site!

I don't think it was LOTR online but one of the earlier text-based online games if I recall correctly from the interview (for some reason I can't go to Westeros.org when I'm at work, but the filters allow me to access these forums, go figure!). Anyway, I enjoyed the interview, and I know I speak for many fans when we really appreciate the work you've done on this site and elsewhere for GRRM. :)

Exactly. We met on Elendor MUSH, which is alive and kicking 19 years since it was first started by some college student Tolkien geeks. :) A bit worse for wear and not so large as it once was, admittedly (LOTRO in particular seems to have eaten a lot of potential recruits), but still around.

You met on a MUSH? Oh boy, now that's really geeky (and, by default, I'm outing myself as a geek by even knowing what a MUSH is). I played a MUSH once. I think it was the AOL version like back in 1995 or such.

I felt like I was killing rats for 2 points a hit forever.

I know another guy who met his wife on a MUSH game. There must be something in that water!

:D

Archived