New Game of Thrones T-Shirts

Westeros

HBO has released a fantastic new series of T-shirts at their HBO Shop storefront, and suffice it to say, we’re pretty excited (and somewhat sad—U.S.-shipping only right now). Male and female designs cover a range of houses with their mottoes: Lannister, Targaryen, Stark, Baratheon, Arryn, and even Tully and Greyjoy(!)

Our personal favorite is the Targaryen dragon, we think, especially since they have corrected it from their initial filming, possibly because we noted the fact that the dragons are in fact supposed to have two legs.

Visit the Site!

I just had also noticed they fixed the dragon's legs thing and was going to mention it here. It's a cool design, though to be honest now that I see it, I think I prefer how they look with 4 legs, they are magical creatures, after all, but whatever. If that's how the CGI dragons are to be rendered later, I guess it's good they fixed it.

The Arryn crest looks really modern, almost like a corporate logo, or something. I actually like the design, but it seems the last like the other ones aesthetically.

I wonder if they'll actually sell many Greyjoy shirts? Not sure how many people want to wear a big, golden squid on their chest. Probably not so many Tully shirts, either - just a guess.

I wonder if they'll actually sell many Greyjoy shirts? Not sure how many people want to wear a big, golden squid on their chest. Probably not so many Tully shirts, either - just a guess.

Squids and octopi are a thing right now. Just go to etsy and search for squid. You'll find everything from temporary tattoos to huge hair pieces, necklaces, bags and tees. I think the Greyjoy design will play into the trend and sell very well.

And I actually like the Tully one quite a lot -- maybe because it reminds me of the Odell Cutthroat Porter label.

The one I'm disappointed in is Lannister. Being a leo, I figured it would be my choice, but somehow it looks the cheesiest to me. Maybe because of the size and position of the writing?

I'd buy the Tully shirt, even though it has not a trace of BLUE in it (any chance we can let the designers know?)

... if only they shipped in Europe! Come on, HBO, don't miss out so much on publicity and revenues!

I really love the new designs! I agree with you particularly about the Targaryen one, which I've always been fondest of. I'm just waiting for reviews of the shirt sizing and quality to come back before I order, after the feedback on the initial ones.

About a year ago I was checking into ordering a True Blood Merlotte's Bar shirt. The reviews on the shirts were pretty mixed, so I didn't order one. I would wait for reviews as well.

I just had also noticed they fixed the dragon's legs thing and was going to mention it here. It's a cool design, though to be honest now that I see it, I think I prefer how they look with 4 legs, they are magical creatures, after all, but whatever. If that's how the CGI dragons are to be rendered later, I guess it's good they fixed it.

The Arryn crest looks really modern, almost like a corporate logo, or something. I actually like the design, but it seems the last like the other ones aesthetically.

I've always liked the Greyjoy color scheme and sigil. I think it's the most attractive, except for Tyrell and Martell which I hope they feature later on. If I buy one of these shirts, it'll probably be the kraken.

The Greyjoy looks the goods to me. Got a Greyjoy and a Stark BWB shirt and although I originally favoured the wolf shirt I must admit I wear the squid one more.

Of the other HBO designs I'd like the Targ one if it wasn't circular - can't help but think a vortex is about to open up. And I'd much prefer to see the full direwolf on the Stark design instead of just the wolf's head - spill some ketchup on it and certain events come to mind ;)

Archived