TitanCon Belfast - Sat 24 Sept 2011

It looks like a lot of us are going to be there on the Friday afternoon. Are we going to meet up somewhere before the events start in the evening? I seem to remember somewhere on the Titancon website there was mention of being able to register at the Europa Hotel bar that afternoon but I can't seem to find the mention of that now.

The information about the Friday afternoon registration was in the email we sent out last week - check your spam filter boxes if you did not get that. We are not announcing this on the website because it is specifically for those that have already purchased memberships to pick up their badges and get information on the con. This will get a jump on the admin work needed on Saturday morning. The Europa Bar on Friday afternoon won't be an appropriate place to have people turning up to purchase memberships so its only for those that already have them. Plus we also need to have a second volunteers meeting at the same time for those arriving on Friday that missed the Thursday night meeting.

The information about the Friday afternoon registration was in the email we sent out last week - check your spam filter boxes if you did not get that. We are not announcing this on the website because it is specifically for those that have already purchased memberships to pick up their badges and get information on the con. This will get a jump on the admin work needed on Saturday morning. The Europa Bar on Friday afternoon won't be an appropriate place to have people turning up to purchase memberships so its only for those that already have them. Plus we also need to have a second volunteers meeting at the same time for those arriving on Friday that missed the Thursday night meeting.

hmmm.... have checked my spamfilter and have not received email with registration details ....help??

Likewise :cheers: It should be a great weekend!

Yep! :cheers:

MG, I intend to be there for the Thursday meeting, though maybe a little late. I'm going on a bus tour to Giant's Causeway that day that's supposed to be back around 18:30. If I'm not completely tired I'll come to where-ever the meeting is supposed to be. :)

(I have the info, I'm just to lazy to look it up now :P )

My friend and I intend to go, we're both 16. Will that be an issue if we go without parents?

Also he has only read the first book and watched the series, were I have read all the books and watched the series. Will it be sort of spoiler free?

Blizzard, I doubt it would be a problem provided your parents give you permision to go. I'm sure MG will confirm this. there could be issuses with any planned party or the meet up on friday as thats in a bar.

As to spoilers, should not be a problem although you may want to avoid some pannels. Although I imagaine even then spoilers would be kept to a mimimum. I imagane there may be several people who have only watched the show. This is not a GRRM only con, there is more going on than his fan club talking about the books/show. Maybe in the future George himself may be the Guest of honour, in which case you may get a spoiler chapter read from the next book. obvously thats not happening this time.

But more importantly Have you read Peadar's books? if not you really should he'll even sign them for you. :) Hey Peadar see I'm being a good slave and still pushing your work on unsuspecting vollenteers. :lol:

But more importantly Have you read Peadar's books? if not you really should he'll even sign them for you. :) Hey Peadar see I'm being a good slave and still pushing your work on unsuspecting vollenteers. :lol:

Faster, slave! Work faster! Or no biscuit...

My friend and I intend to go, we're both 16. Will that be an issue if we go without parents?

Also he has only read the first book and watched the series, were I have read all the books and watched the series. Will it be sort of spoiler free?

Hi Blizzard, yes you can attend TitanCon without your parents, though you won't be able to go the Friday event because it's in a bar. But that's not Game of Thrones related anyway.

Every Game of Thrones panel will have a SPOILER LEVEL announced at the start of it. We are very much aware that many people coming to TitanCon have only seen the TV show or read the first book and we want to do everything we can to ensure their viewing and/or reading experience remains unspoiled. Therefore we ask everyone to observe the Spoiler Level during the Game of Thrones panels. Offenders will be thrown out. That includes the guests, OK we won't throw them out but we will tell them off and throw rotten fruit at them. OK I admit we won't be doing that either but hopefully they won't spoil it for anyone. Unless it's Peadar spoiling and then you can throw what you like at him ;)

So is there anything going on Friday morning/early afternoon? I know there is registration at 3pm but i'm wondering about before hand. I may come up Thursday night but wanted to see what's on the following morning. If help was required setting up or?

Archived