TitanCon Belfast - Sat 24 Sept 2011

Does anyone know how much it costs to go to Belfast from Dublin Airport? Preferably by bus. It'll probably be cheaper for me to fly to Dublin and go by bus instead of flying to Belfast

Bus from Dublin Airport is fairly inexpensive & frequent (every hour - Dublin Airport - Belfast Timetable). You're looking at £17.40 return - pretty reasonable.

One added small bonus to the Bus, is that in Belfast, the Bus Station is right at the Hotel where TitanCon is being held :)

Well there's this great Walk (you get to climb the stair of Cirith Ungul and everything). I'm sure you could talk Peader in taking you. Although you may remember it nearly killed me...... :leaving:

I only killed you a little bit... :worried:

Well there's this great Walk (you get to climb the stair of Cirith Ungul and everything). I'm sure you could talk Peader in taking you. Although you may remember it nearly killed me...... :leaving:

Ahem... I remember... I'm sure that I won't talk Peadar into taking me there. I can hear my feet screaming just thinking about it. :leaving:

Although I would like to meet Peadar again. :)

Peadar, if you read this... I'm a bad girl. I still haven't read your book, but I intend to read it before coming to Belfast. :blushing: :leaving:

Bus from Dublin Airport is fairly inexpensive & frequent (every hour - Dublin Airport - Belfast Timetable). You're looking at £17.40 return - pretty reasonable.

One added small bonus to the Bus, is that in Belfast, the Bus Station is right at the Hotel where TitanCon is being held :)

Ah, thank you very much for the info, GoL. :)

It's definitely cheaper then than the flight through London!

That's the reason why I want to go there from Dublin by bus. :D

I only killed you a little bit... :worried:

Yes but I still have nightmares :love:

Well you also said she had turned around and thus it looked like all of us abandoned her! :P

You just trusted the word of a cannibal that I had turned around. Didn't you hear the screams?

Hi Maistjarnan

Our website has information on hotels and hostels

I would not recommend The Linen House Hostel having stayed there, but it is the cheapest place to stay in the entire city. I have not been to any of the other hostels so can't say if they are OK or not but you can find reviews on Trip Advisor for most of them.

I would recommend The Days Inn Hotel which is reasonably priced and very well located close to our venue. You might consider rooming with someone to keep the costs down.

Although I would like to meet Peadar again. :)

Peadar, if you read this... I'm a bad girl. I still haven't read your book, but I intend to read it before coming to Belfast. :blushing: :leaving:

No rush! I've already spent your money on chocolate and disreputable soothsayers :pirate:

But you will be very welcome back to the Island of Death.

As for poor pebbles... All I can say, is some people need to learn better hiding techniques. :ninja:

Hi Maistjarnan

Our website has information on hotels and hostels

I would not recommend The Linen House Hostel having stayed there, but it is the cheapest place to stay in the entire city. I have not been to any of the other hostels so can't say if they are OK or not but you can find reviews on Trip Advisor for most of them.

I would recommend The Days Inn Hotel which is reasonably priced and very well located close to our venue. You might consider rooming with someone to keep the costs down.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it. :) Rooming with someone will probably be a problem, since I'm travelling alone but maybe I'll find someone.

I will also be there. I just hope that I won't be too shy to talk to anyone. :blush:

Now, I just need to book my flights and a hostel. Are there any hostels in Belfast that are recommended? :)

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it. :) Rooming with someone will probably be a problem, since I'm travelling alone but maybe I'll find someone.

Hi Maistjarnan. :)

I'm from Germany, too. Cologne to be precise.

I plan to stay at the Days Inn and would be up for sharing a room there. Although I still don't know which days I'll be there. I wanted to stay til Tuesday and then go on to Dublin for another day or two, but I have to go to Berlin on a work schooling (nun ja, nen Lehrgang halt) on Wednesday (28th). So I'll probably go to Dublin first and from there to Belfast. Say Belfast from Thursday to Monday (don't have the dates handy).

I haven't booked anything, yet.

Wenn du möchtest kannst du mir auch ne pm schicken. Dann kriegt nicht jeder alles mit. ;)

No rush! I've already spent your money on chocolate and disreputable soothsayers :pirate:

But you will be very welcome back to the Island of Death.

:bowdown: :kiss:

You'll probably get more money for these things in Belfast. :D

Looking forward to meeting you again. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All, First time posting here so I had a few questions about TitanCon.

1. Will there be photo-shoots with any of the guests from the show who attend?

2. If so, will these cost extra?

3. If not, will there be an opportunity to take your own picture with the guest?

4. Will there be autograph sessions?

5. If so how will these be organised and will they cost extra?

Having attend a few signing events and conventions in the UK and USA over the last few years I have seen these events run very well but also seen a few stumbles along the way where things aren't clear to the attendees so just wanted to find out what way this event will work.

So far it looks excellent and look forward to seeing everyone in September.

(Just finished watched the finale tonight......I want it to be April 2012 .....now)

Ah but if it was April 2012 then you would have already missed TitanCon :(

Welcome to the board. Let's answer your questions:

1. Will there be photo-shoots with any of the guests from the show who attend?

A. We are intending to have professionally shot photo-shoots, we're still in the process of arranging the details but at this time we cannot guarantee it will happen, hence no announcement yet.

2. If so, will these cost extra?

A. There would be a cost for the photo-shoots however this will be far less than what you would expect to pay at other media conventions. We're not in this to make a profit and therefore you would only be covering the cost of the photographer and photo printing. At this time however we can't guarantee which cast members are going to be willing to be involved with the photo shoot and that's because we still don't know for sure who is going to be there (that's driving me more crazy than it is any of you let me assure you). So we don't want to announce our plans for any of this till we know for sure so please don't take this as a promise that it will happen.

3. If not, will there be an opportunity to take your own picture with the guest?

4. Will there be autograph sessions?

5. If so how will these be organised and will they cost extra?

A. I can confirm that there will be an autograph session with all of our Game of Thrones guests in one sitting. We've allowed 2 hours for that session and the way it would work is a single line and you'd pass down the row of tables where you'll get maybe 30 seconds with each guest in turn. That's the plan at least, it might change depending on circumstances and practicalities though. It is our intention to not charge anything extra for autographs and there will be opportunities for fans to take pictures with the guests during this time. We'll even have some members of our volunteer team at hand to take photos for anyone who is on their own. We will be asking for everyone's cooperation with knowing what they want signed and if its a book having it open ready on the right page. We'll provide post-it notes to help with that, these can also be used to make sure you get the dedication you want, anything to streamline and speed up the process.

However with that said we cannot guarantee that this will be the case for all of our guests. Some may be unwilling to do all of that work for no money and may insist on being paid for each signature as they would at other media conventions. We're very much hoping it does not go that way since it feels so damned mercenary and personally that puts me off attending events like that. But again it depends on what each individual guest agrees to which sadly we can't confirm at this time. I have been asked by someone else if we will have printed photos available of the guests for sale for them to sign, well we'd certainly like to but again we can't guarantee it right now.

We will be making announcements about all this sort of stuff before TitanCon so rest assured you will not turn up on the day with no clue about what's going on.

I know I'm a sissy but will it be save to go to Belfast? I heard about the recent riots there. :leaving:

I still intent to come but I am a little bit concerned none-the-less. :blushing:

It's absolutely NOTHING to worry about, honest! These particular riots are confined to very specific areas of Belfast that no tourist is likely to see except by accident. And if you ever did end up there, you would find that the people in those areas are always especially lovely to outsiders.

Secondly, many riots in the area coincide with so-called "marching season", which occurs over the summer with significant dates on 12th July and August. It's well over before September.

I know I'm a sissy but will it be save to go to Belfast? I heard about the recent riots there. :leaving:

I still intent to come but I am a little bit concerned none-the-less. :blushing:

As Peadar has already said, there is nothing to worry about. Belfast is just like any other city - it has it's good areas, and it's bad areas. There are places in Leeds, London, Liverpool, Manchester (to name but a few), even my home town that I wouldn't wander into, especially after dark; that is just the way the world is unfortunately, and Belfast is no different. Belfast specific; I did a tour last year that took us into some of the areas affected by the Troubles and there was no problem whatsoever. Apart from the fact it was bucketing it down with rain and I got a soaking. XD Unless you intend to walk into a Loyalist area spouting Republican propaganda or vice versa, you really have nothing to worry about. As for the riots currently making the news, as Peadar said, it's marching season and will be done with by the time September roles around.

Archived