New trailer

Nails77

Ho, Lady Blackfish is not going to like this one. And, for me, Cat is the only sour note. Hopefully that clip comes from after Bran's fall, where it wouldn't be a problem, not before.

Other than that, the trailers keep getting better and better! I considered for about 0.2 seconds not looking at the trailer as I didn't want to "spoil" seeing The Wall for the first time in the series; I am weak! :rolleyes:

Ho, Lady Blackfish is not going to like this one. And, for me, Cat is the only sour note. Hopefully that clip comes from after Bran's fall, where it wouldn't be a problem, not before.

Overall I quite like this trailer ;) Especially the Wall, my breath is sufficiently taken. I'm getting used to the idea of Mediterranean King's Landing as well, I'll miss the old dirty sewage infested London feel that I got from the books but you can't deny that the visuals are striking here.

That clip of Cat does come after Bran's fall, so apart from the issue I voiced earlier specifically about her honor and duty spiel (it still strikes me as very much a typical "wife of Manly Hero Man in Manly Hero Movie must act as emotional angst touchstone to enhance badassery of Manly Hero Man as he stoically goes off to do his Manly Hero Man duty" kind of line that doesn't gel with the values laid out for the character in the books) I don't have a problem with that scene overall. I'm actually glad they fleshed it out from the sentence it was in the book.

Yeah, I'm disappointed in the change they made to Catelyn's character, but I'm thrilled with just about everything else! I'm not sure I care for the Other's look, but it'll probably grow on me (and we just caught very short glimpses anyway). I laughed out loud at the brothel scene when Eddard has to shout "Jory!" to get him to stop gawking at the scantily clothed woman and follow him.

I love the way the Wall looks, like the edge of a huge continental ice sheet rather than a clean, built structure. I can imagine this being as treacherous as described in the books (falling ice, etc.) more than any other depiction I've seen of it. :)

Hmmm, it seems I really wasn't paying enough attention to the previous trailers, because Catelyn's line didn't bother me as much as it did now. WTH is up with that?

Anyway, on to more important things... Robb finally has a voiced line in this one! The joy!!

Seriously now, it's a great trailer, so many awesome scenes and the Wall looks just amazing.

Shit i should have mentioned it here. But did anyone else think the "White Walkers" looked like blue eyed apes ?

That does look more like a wight than what I would picture an Other to look like. I could have sworn, however, that at some point I read that a decision was made to cut the Others from the prolouge scene and just use wights instead. Or maybe I'm just imagining it.

The Wall looks absolutely awesome. The Haunted Forest also looks incredibly....haunted. Not just in this trailer but in the others as well.

Other than Catelyn in general, I cannot complain about anything I've seen to date.

Good lord, are they actually going to get this right??? :)

(it still strikes me as very much a typical "wife of Manly Hero Man in Manly Hero Movie must act as emotional angst touchstone to enhance badassery of Manly Hero Man as he stoically goes off to do his Manly Hero Man duty")

Hrm is that really how it comes off? That line pulled at my heartstrings because of Cat being so goddamn right, exposing something that many people might not even consider. So I loved it.

ETA: If that SS isn't a wight, ugh. But I think it's a wight.

Trailer was far and away the best so far in terms of delivery and presentation of the show.

It's definitely an Other. There's a Hero White Walker in the cast, and I saw some concept art. But this is a super-fast, low-resolution clip, so I would not judge too far. It looks sort of wraith-like and creepy (also, it reminds me a bit of the Morlocks from Pal's Time Machine)

That is undoubtedly the best trailer yet. And the other ones have been great. Just wow. The Wall. Jaime being Jaime. Littlefinger being Littlefinger.

I have to agree that is not an Other but a Wight. I really wonder if we will actually get a good look at the Others in season 1.

Yeah, I'm disappointed in the change they made to Catelyn's character, but I'm thrilled with just about everything else! I'm not sure I care for the Other's look, but it'll probably grow on me (and we just caught very short glimpses anyway). I laughed out loud at the brothel scene when Eddard has to shout "Jory!" to get him to stop gawking at the scantily clothed woman and follow him.

True. Nice to put a bit of humour into the trailer. These things can sometimes seem too serious. :)

This trailer doesn't show a change in Catelyn's character. After Bran's fall she did oppose Ned going south. Admittedly, she may oppose Ned going south before Bran's fall also but we haven't seen that clip yet.

Interesting that it was an Other. But i'll need to see a screen capture. Way too fast for me.

And yes...wow on the Wall...that was amazing. That and the image of Ned in the godswood in an earlier clip were splendid.

The Wall looks...wow. Just wow. It really looks ancient and huge and unbreakable.

Am i the only one who didn't see it? At what minute it is?

I read that a decision was made to cut the Others from the prolouge scene and just use wights instead. Or maybe I'm just imagining it.

Ok, i was pretty sure it was the opposite. The others at the beginning, no wights to not anticipate the scene at castle black

Archived