New trailer

Nails77

The oddest part to me about the screen cap is how dark it looks considering they're going with the term "White Walkers", one would expect them to be well...white. Of course it isn't of the best of quality, so I'm hoping when we get our first true glimpse of them, they'll appear at least somewhat whitish, or the incongruity with the name is going to bug me.

Mellisandra, I can think of two possibilities:

1. The creators of the show are total idiots who never thought of such a basic problem.

2. We're all staring at a blurry image from a single frame of a scene that takes place on a dark night, and reading WAY too much into it.

Seriously, this is kind of like trying to imagine what Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's acting will be like by analyzing a couple of his fingernail clippings.

I strongly suspect that whoever edited this trailer wasn't thinking that that incredibly brief shot would be a good example of the design of the Others; more like "let's make the viewer think 'whoa, I just saw something weird and scary and I can't tell what it was.'"

the Other looks like Eddie from the Iron Maiden album covers!

awesome!!!

"BLACK was always my color"

LOL emoJon. :rolleyes:

Jon is not emo. Jon is gothic metal, it's different :D

It looks almost as though Jaime is toying with Eddard.

Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about that. If they're vamping the Eddard/Jaime showdown (which obviously is not in the book) I'd at least like it be close.

re: Morlocks, I was speaking solely about the face and glowing eyes. The concept art I saw was tall and lean, almost skeletal in appearance.

Aimless, it's after Bran asks Ned if Will really saw the white walkers. Screencap here.

"BLACK was always my color"

LOL emoJon. :rolleyes:

He's been emoJon since 1995 -- that dialog is straight from AGoT.

the Other looks like Eddie from the Iron Maiden album covers!

That's it! I knew there was something very familiar about how it looked. Pic totally reminds of of Eddie.

As for my feelings on how the Others look, I can't even begin to say. That image is just too hard to see and only one small part of the creature, in a dark night-time setting.

I certainly had (and still have) a very different mental image of them from reading the book, but that doesn't matter. My own image of them actually shifted through various readings of the book because they somehow remained so curiously ill-defined, despite having been described. I think their "otherness" makes them the kind of creature that probably has about as many mental interpretations by readers as their are readers. I always found that to be kind of a neat trick by GRRM and have never been sure how he pulled that off in his writing.

Do you think they consulted with GRRM about what the Others looked like?

I think its brilliant that he left it to our imagination in the books but can see why they'd want to show something for the show. Curious as to how close it'd actually be.

I always pictured a skeletal ice-armored figure with albino skin and blue eyes. Actually, I do like the cat-slit eyes in the still.

No wonder I missed it. Also, wow that looks nothing like that Abaddon posted haha. Looks a little like a hound or dragon's head.

EDIT: Oh, took it into photoshop and brightened it, now I can see the Other. In that link it's nothing but black except a dragon head shaped white/silver piece.

No wonder I missed it. Also, wow that looks nothing like that Abaddon posted haha. Looks a little like a hound or dragon's head.

EDIT: Oh, took it into photoshop and brightened it, now I can see the Other. In that link it's nothing but black except a dragon head shaped white/silver piece.

I can't take credit for the capture; that was someone over at WiC. But I think it is representative. Not really what I was expecting but I am sure I will be able to get over the disappointment ;)

I can't take credit for the capture; that was someone over at WiC. But I think it is representative. Not really what I was expecting but I am sure I will be able to get over the disappointment ;)

Yeah whoever did it put in some brightness and color balance work :) So it really is hard to draw much off it beyond facial structure. (unless that SS is from somewhere else)

Archived