New trailer

Nails77

I suppose I like how the Other looks because I never really had a clear image in my mind for them. This thing looks like a bizarre, mysterious creature that would live in an arctic wilderness, so I like it. Almost like a yeti or something. And I also think you guys are overblowing the lack of white on this thing. For one, it's a dark picture. Also, compare it to a human. In comparison to a flesh skin tone, it certainly looks pale to me.

Ran doing a screen cap summary, yes yes? :3

I always pictured a skeletal ice-armored figure with albino skin and blue eyes. Actually, I do like the cat-slit eyes in the still.

That's pretty close description to my current mental image for them, though no cat-slits. I imagined their skin as very pure white, like alabaster and their faces as even very beautiful, if also alien. Bodies too thin, skin too pale white. Maybe their lips are pulled back in a sort of rictus grin with ice-like teeth.

I'm still very curious for a nice, clean view of what we saw in the trailer. It still looked pretty cool to me though it's really pretty hard to see.

But he is smiling when he says that, not cutting himself... it actually comes across as less emo to me.

Oh, but you know he's just smiling to hide how he feels on the inside, because nobody can understand his pain.

hiver,

It is an Other. Like I said, I saw the concept art, I even know who's playing the role for the non-CG shots. O T H E R.

Deluding yourself and others (heh) about it really does no one any good. You don't like how it looks, that's fine, you can take heart that this may well be the only time you'll ever see an Other on screen... :P

Yes, the concept art was a full-body depiction. I don't think it's actually wearing rags. You've seen a split-second clip that's mostly just the head, so I can't even tell where you think you're seeing rags. My recollection of its accoutrement is that they have given it some sort of armor, but it's not as ice-like as the sword.

I also held the sword. It was clearly described to me and to George as an Other's sword, which they had recently used in filming the very scene there. Made of resin. It was quite awesome, actually, and apparently they're quite tough and able to take quite a beating.

There's a person cast as a wight, and a person cast as an Other. They're making a distinction. And it's the Other who uses the ice-sword. And here there's a critter using the ice-sword, you can draw your own conclusions, I think.

It should be made quite clear on the 3rd, though, so no reason to belabor the point I suppose.

ETA: Double-checked some notes, and I noticed in the 15-minute-reel, we see both its hand and upper arm, as well as its sword. First off, it's really tall, the way it's shot. Second, I noted down that it looked like it was wearing an icy sort of vambrace. So it definitely has some kind of armor.

Am i the only one who didn't see it? At what minute it is?

Ok, i was pretty sure it was the opposite. The others at the beginning, no wights to not anticipate the scene at castle black

woah woah woah, is this true? why the hell would they take out the scene at Castle Black? that's one of the best scenes in the first book? and would also mean they leave out the chilling scene where Ghost comes back w/ the blackened hand. Someone tell me this is not true. I hate adaptations that change for the sake of change

Thats not good enough, unless you can confirm that Others concept art clearly showed them not having noses and having human hair.

Also from little that can be seen of its "clothes" it looks much more like rags or normal clothing then an armor, especially the kind Others should be wearing.

Unfortunately the shot is way to short and blurry and poorly lighted for me to make a definite statement, but from all i can see it looks much more like a Wight would look then an Other.

Basically, apart from the sword (which is inconclusive evidence seeing how HBo does change some things) there is no reason to jump on the band wagon until it has been clearly confirmed.

The group mind here has been wrong on number of other occasions (from what i can read), mistaking the flashback of Brandons murder for Sean Bean dreaming himself in Brandons place being the biggest one and there the face was much clearer then in this case.

I choose to reserve judgment but if i would have to bet i would bet this is a Wight.

someone's in denial

someone's in denial

OT, but for someone called El Duderino, you sure are into the whole brevity thing.

In other news, the new trailer looks fricking sweet. And I think I need to watch it a whole bunch more times.

The concept art I saw had no nose and had hair. :P Nothing in the book actually says they are hairless or have noses, I think...

can you confirm/deny the above info ab there being no Wights, and subsequently no wight scene w/ Jon in Castle Black? thnx

The wight attack in Castle Black is still there (though I think they may make it just one wight; not sure, just only know for sure of one). When I was there, they were preparing Lord Mormont's bed chambers for that scene.

woah woah woah, is this true? why the hell would they take out the scene at Castle Black? that's one of the best scenes in the first book? and would also mean they leave out the chilling scene where Ghost comes back w/ the blackened hand. Someone tell me this is not true. I hate adaptations that change for the sake of change

It sounded to me that whatever was trying to say that they wouldn't show a wright in place of an Other in the opening of the series because it'd give away the surprise when the wright tries to kill Mormont. Thanks Ran for confirming this!

I personally believe that was an Other, and I trust Ran to report back accurately. It clearly wields an icy sword, and I don't recall wrights ever doing that. The look is kind of growing on me, but it does bother me a little that they're called "White Walkers" when they don't look very white to me, but hopefully when we get a better glimpse of them they'll see more whitish.

Archived