Exclusive EW Trailer

Westeros

This is a busy, busy day—and though I’m still sick as a dog, I just had to share this, a full trailer for Game of Thrones which is an EW Exclusive. A lot of great things here, including some dialog from a Littlefinger and Varys scene that we haven’t seen before, and a very brief glimpse of the Wall in its full majesty—this is the bit Linda and I saw in the 15-minute-reel, and we’re pretty sure everyone’s going to be very pleased with how it looks here!

Visit the Site!

I'm glad this is a real trailer, showing us pieces of new scenes and characters. I loved the glimpse we got of Tyrion, Jon and Robb. The Wall looked fantastic, the "White Walkers" were odd, but I'll go with it. HBO is just continually increasing my anticipation.

I am not entirely happy with the look of the Other but that is definitely not a wight, it was swinging a sword that looked to be made of ice.

**edited to add**

I like the trailer, and I dont think the look of the Other will matter all that much, we wont see another one for a while and they can tighten it up a bit when they get more screen time, hopefully

Hi guys,

I'm trying to translate the trailer to Spanish, but there are some things I can't understand in the original.

- When Ned is about to kill Will, he says "I saw what I saw. I saw...", what then? What does he say he saw?

- When Ned tells Catelyn he doesn't have a choice, I don't really understand anything up to "you do have a choice". What does she tell him?

- Late in the trailer Petyr says all desires are valid for a man with a... with a what?

- When Jon Complains about the Night Watch, who I assume is Alliser Thorne replies but I can't understand what he says.

- Same with what someone says before "it's fear. Fear and blood".

I hope you can give me a hand with those, thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to translate the trailer to Spanish, but there are some things I can't understand in the original.

- When Ned is about to kill Will, he says "I saw what I saw. I saw...", what then? What does he say he saw?

"I saw the white walkers."

- When Ned tells Catelyn he doesn't have a choice, I don't really understand anything up to "you do have a choice". What does she tell him?

"That's what you tell your family, tell yourselves. That's what men always say when honor calls."

- Late in the trailer Petyr says all desires are valid for a man with a... with a what?

"full purse."

- When Jon Complains about the Night Watch, who I assume is Alliser Thorne replies but I can't understand what he says.

"Well, Lord Snow, it appears you're the least useless person here."

"You think it's honor that's keeping the peace?"

I hope you can give me a hand with those, thanks in advance.

And rewatch the trailer again? Twist my arm.

Hi guys,

EDIT: Nihil did it faster and better :D

Hi and welcome to the board! I'll give it a shot:

"I saw the White Walkers".

"That's what you tell your family, tell yourselves... that's what all men say when honour calls. You do have a choice..."

"... with a full purse."

"Well, Lord Snow, it appears you're the least useful person here." (not sure about "least useful" and I don't have the books to check) [see post above]

Robert? "Rarr rarr all that's keeping the peace here is fear..." Can't make out the first words. [see post above]

Thanks guys, you rock! The trailer is much more emotional when you actually understand what it says, and now my family and friends can know what exactly to expect from the show. Here's the translated trailer, by the way, if you want to see it with my Spanish subs.

Robert? "Rarr rarr all that's keeping the peace here is fear..."

Haha, glad to know I'm not the only one who had a hard time getting those words too :cheers:

Thanks guys, you rock! The trailer is much more emotional when you actually understand what it says, and now my family and friends can know what exactly to expect from the show. Here's the translated trailer, by the way, if you want to see it with my Spanish subs.

Haha, glad to know I'm not the only one who had a hard time getting those words too :cheers:

LOL, glad to be of no help whatsoever! Thinking back on it, it was obvious he was speaking about honour, it's the theme of the trailer and, in a way of the whole series and saga. And it's one of the Tully words! Bad trout, back to school for me! :D

Nice! A couple of little things:

1. I think you've got Robert saying "I name you (te nombro) the Hand of the King." What he says in English is "I would name you", as in "I intend to name you."

2. When we see Daenerys and Drogo, the subtitles just say "her husband" rather than "her horselord husband."

3. Littlefinger says "I'm a purveyor of beauty and discretion," not "duty."

4. Ned says "I was trained to kill my enemies," not "I was trying."

Hi Mummer,

Nice! A couple of little things:

1. I think you've got Robert saying "I name you (te nombro) the Hand of the King." What he says in English is "I would name you", as in "I intend to name you."

2. When we see Daenerys and Drogo, the subtitles just say "her husband" rather than "her horselord husband."

Those I did on purpose, kind of. I knew what they were saying in English but, when translated, they just were too long and lost some strength (e.g. horselord is "señor de los caballos", too long for a subtitle). So I chose impression over precision.

3. Littlefinger says "I'm a purveyor of beauty and discretion," not "duty."

4. Ned says "I was trained to kill my enemies," not "I was trying."

Those... I just didn't realize. It's amazing how a single letter can change the meaning of something :P

Archived