Soccer/Football XXVII

BLU-RAY

Good first half for Liverpool, they looked by far the most incisive team.

That wasn't a good tackle from Carragher but unless he's broken his leg (which I'm pretty sure he hasn't) crying on the pitch and then going off a minute before half time isn't particularly edifying for Nani after giving away the second goal.

That wasn't a good tackle from Carragher but unless he's broken his leg (which I'm pretty sure he hasn't) crying on the pitch and then going off a minute before half time isn't particularly edifying for Nani after giving away the second goal.

I reckon it's possible he fractured something then exacerbated it by running around like a prick. Hope not, though, and Nani (as well as being a playactor, though not nearly as much as he's accused of) is a complete wuss, so I'm hoping it was much ado about not a lot.

I reckon it's possible he fractured something then exacerbated it by running around like a prick.

It's possible but given the way he kept trying to show the ref his leg, and didn't seem to have too much trouble chasing the ref, I think he probably just needed a couple of stitches in his shin. As he's a fairly key player for United that's the kind of injury that you'd like to see him at least giving it half time to see if he could play on, if I was a United fan I wouldn't be too impressed.

ETA: Hutton should have been sent off, he was clearly the last man. The ref's definitely bottled it, Wolves won't be happy if Spurs go on to win.

Hamburg "scored" a Wembley goal against Mainz, luckily the latter were able to come back and win the game, there would have been quite an outcry otherwise. With that victory Mainz moved up into fourth and look good for a European spot at the end of the season.

Werder got three points in Freiburg and are now only three behind Schalke. Who's to say the latter aren't going to get dragged into the relegation fight?

Good win for 'Pool. We dominated today. Carragher's tackle was not pretty, regardless of Nani's sissy reaction. In fairness, Rafael's was just as bad a little later. That kid seems to have a short fuse. Carragher seemed more clumsy than malicious, as usual.

Nice stuff from Suarez. He looks like he might have the creative play to really complement Carroll's more direct goal threat. Meireles had less impact from the right wing, but still showed good movement, attacking runs and use of the ball. Rodriguez was largely anonymous, but played his role in a cohesive and comfortable team unit.

I'm sure United will point to missing defenders, but Liverpool were also missing two of their first choice back four(Agger and Kelly) and lost Aurelio too in the first half. Kyrgiakos was a much better back-up than either Brown or Smalling (possibly both combined).

Rooney is still underwhelming. Berbatov is skillful and dangerous (nice volley from distance), but is a bit of a passenger in the team in most games. Scholes and Carrick were bossed by Lucas and Gerrard. In fact, Lucas alone seemed able to handle both Scholes and Carrick. Giggs, as ever, offered movement, energy and dynamism, but it's pretty sad when only the 37 year old is giving you that.

In fact the biggest compliment to United is that they have remained top of the table for so long despite being a shadow of their former selves. It's almost like they're getting by on habit alone.

Looks like Man U's "The Emperor has no clothes " moment that I have been dreading all season has now come.

Just not good enough. I wouldn't necessarily call Arsenal the favourite now, they stumble as well. But Chelsea, when they win the game in hand they are back to a 6 poinst deficit, and with 9 matches left to play that makes them a contender again.

City I am going to rule out though.

Carragher's offense was very red though. Disgusting. Not a gamechanging offense I think, Man U were hopeless anyway.

Looks like Man U's "The Emperor has no clothes " moment that I have been dreading all season has now come.

Just not good enough. I wouldn't necessarily call Arsenal the favourite now, they stumble as well. But Chelsea, when they win the game in hand they are back to a 6 poinst deficit, and with 9 matches left to play that makes them a contender again.

City I am going to rule out though.

Carragher's offense was very red though. Disgusting. Not a gamechanging offense I think, Man U were hopeless anyway.

Arsenal is incapable of capitalizing on Man U's mistakes. Drawing Sunderland was an embarrassment.

man utd's defense was in shambles.

conceding 3 goals from a yard or two from a goal line AND leting suarez do what he did for liverpool's opening goal?

they got off light with only 3 goals in the back of their net.

even with their two starting central defenders missing, they should do better defensively.

Except the fact that they scored and it was wrongly ruled out of course.

Yes and Arshavin should have gotten a penalty for that blatant push in the back. But that doens't matter since the goal didn't count and the penalty wasn't called. They had other opportunities they should have capitalized on; the missed header by Chamakh, missed shot by Arshavin from 8 yards out and the abysmal play in the first half certainly contributed.

Archived