Maester's Path: 2nd Puzzle

Westeros

It’s gone live, and it features heraldry! Very pleased with this one, which is a “spatial audio experience” that moves you through the Inn at the Crossroads as you unravel a story and get hints towards where the various coats of arms should be placed. Make sure to hit all the stations, and some may have to be visited more than once.

Great fun, and great work by Campfire and HBO!

Visit the Site!

Listened to Audio - got Sigils of 3 houses to appear (Lannister, Tully, Baretheon) - can't get no reward <_< What am I doing wrong ?? What did I do to deserve this ?!??!

The order of the Lannister sigils is important for some reason. Also, it matters which of the other two great houses you get to show up, and in which order.

Clue:

It is important to get the banners in the right order - If they are out of order, they will reveal the house sigil, but not unlock the puzzle. They have to correspond to the tables in the inn and where the stories were discussed.

Very cool prize!

Edit: put it in spoiler just in case people didn't want to get a clue.

My question is simpler: If the order of the banners relates to the order of the tables, which side should one listen to first in the Inn? Left of Right?

I've got them numbered as follows:

3 4

2 5

1 6

I'm trying to figure out my order based on listening in that order. Does this make sense?

Never mind. I didn't see

the tree on the floor.

Now that I see that the order makes more sense.

Finally got it. I was getting confused by

The dogs. I kept putting them in the middle slot, as it was the middle of the tables where I heard the reference to "dogs with better manners" mentioned.

Once I got that moved around, the last sigil slotted into place and I got the reward!

Speaking of:

The good - Rodrick's beard. Though shouldn't they be either shaved off or just starting to grow back at this point? Or I guess they're just not putting in the seasickness part.

The bad - Peter Dinklage's accent. What is that?

The bad - Peter Dinklage's accent. What is that?

I had roughly the same reaction.

This thing was confusing for me for a while because

I swore there were parts of the room that I was supposed to go to but I couldn't even see on my screen. Turns out that while I could move the cursor off screen and hear a few things, it wasn't necessary to visit them. Also the little rhyme on the page where you arrange the sigils really threw me because I thought it meant that the Crakehall sigil (boar) wouldn't be used. I guess it meant nothing.

Hated the concept of the puzzle and the execution. I'd like the minutes of my life back that I wasted listening to the blather of the grotty peasants in the inn. Glad for Smegs getting me out of actually having to finish it.

Nice prize though.

Hated the concept of the puzzle and the execution. I'd like the minutes of my life back that I wasted listening to the blather of the grotty peasants in the inn. Glad for Smegs getting me out of actually having to finish it.

Nice prize though.

Couldn't even get it to load on my computer (had to use husband's) and I really HATE all the background noise [storm winds?] (but I am a hater of all white noise, and I swear it makes it very hard for me to hear words clearly)

Couldn't even get it to load on my computer (had to use husband's) and I really HATE all the background noise [storm winds?] (but I am a hater of all white noise, and I swear it makes it very hard for me to hear words clearly)

The white noise was a major objection of mine for the same reasons. I'll probably have to watch A Game of Thrones with subtitles on (practically a necessity these days for anything with non-American accents and some American ones - especially the less posh ones). This was just plain not fun to try to hear. And then when I learned the solution, I really felt I'd wasted my time. So much straining for every word with so little payback.

I really HATE all the background noise [storm winds?]

Not a fan either, I don't mind some sound effects when you hover over this or that and such, but the constant whrrrring is, well, not for me.

I enjoyed the reward though, all in all.

Archived