Shocking Scenes

nan1973

I was just thinking that for those viewers who haven't read the books that some of the scenes might be even more of a shock due to a lack of povs on film. I was thinking in particular of Visery's death and, if the series gets that far, the Red Wedding. I always got the sense that Viserys wasn't going to last long but on film maybe this won't be so evident. And after seeing Robb's developement up until his death (through Bran and Cat's povs) I'm thinking the non-book reading observer might feel more attached to him. I loved Robb but him not having a pov did lessen his importance for me.

This leads me to another question: will I become more attached to some non-pov characters watching the show?

This leads me to another question: will I become more attached to some non-pov characters watching the show?

Probably. Although (excluding Ned who is a special case), I think the series is going to naturally focus on the characters who survive at least up to book 5. LIke we are already seeing a lot of focus on Dany and Jon. But it may not be as apparent as in in the books. So yes, there could be bigger shocks for people. Lovely. :)

Well, while on the screen some scenes might look more shocking, the POV is important to understand the characters' feelings. The Red Wedding is the best example - how Cat sees what's going on, realises all the omens, despairs, gets the halfwit... There is so much a TV scene won't convey. So, I guess it goes both ways - some scenes will be less of a shock, others more.

Archived