Aussies LIII

Paxter

smarty pants :P

(congrats though love! :grouphug: )

I don't know about smart! It consisted of 50% stressing about everything instead of doing it, 15% studying hard the night before the exam and 35% drinking and arguing about which beer is better VB or Tooheys.

It's a tricky questions, they both taste shit.

Now all you need is a job right? ;p

Yeah. Job hunting sucks at the moment. Mainly because all the graduate role for 2011 has been recruited for last year and because I didn't finish my mandatory work experience I usually got looked over. Still some roles around, I'll see how it goes.

I don't know about smart! It consisted of 50% stressing about everything instead of doing it, 15% studying hard the night before the exam and 35% drinking and arguing about which beer is better VB or Tooheys.

It's a tricky questions, they both taste shit.

Yeah. Job hunting sucks at the moment. Mainly because all the graduate role for 2011 has been recruited for last year and because I didn't finish my mandatory work experience I usually got looked over. Still some roles around, I'll see how it goes.

Maybe I speak out of ignorance, but wouldn't be there some requirement for Civil Engineers out west? My cousin, who is a mechanical engineer, found work out near Newman. But I can understand if working in the desert doesn't really appeal ;)

Maybe I speak out of ignorance, but wouldn't be there some requirement for Civil Engineers out west? My cousin, who is a mechanical engineer, found work out near Newman. But I can understand if working in the desert doesn't really appeal ;)

Gorgon is where it's all at for the next ten years in any form of engineering.

Thanks for the congratulations folks! :cheers:

There are plenty of jobs out there for Civil Engineers, it's just that most of these aren't entry level. The graduate jobs for 2011 is rolled out in 2010. And for 2012, it's rolled out this year. So if you didn't get an offer, it takes a while before the odd grad roles are out since they depend on work load and new projects etc.

Also, Civil is a massive field, i.e. Geotechnical, Water, Transport, Structural and Project Management all fall under Civil, so depends on your interest (and also course marks!) which you'd want to go for. Out west is most of the mining stuff, so you'd have better chance if your interest lies in geotechnical and project management. My problem is I find geotech interesting, but have one horrible course mark on it, which becomes a problem every freaking time! And project management holds no interest for me. I'm mainly into Water, Geotech and Structures (in that order). But I am applying to anything Civil at the moment, as I hate not doing anything plus I just want to get into the field and start my career.

Thanks for the congratulations folks! :cheers:

There are plenty of jobs out there for Civil Engineers, it's just that most of these aren't entry level.

This. We've been advertising some senior electrical roles for close to a year now, so while there is a shortage of engineers it's unfortunately in position that require 10+ years experience. That said I believe we have a grad geotech role going in our Melb office, pm me your resume if you're interested and I can put it in the system.

And congrats on finishing :)

See I was way too lazy to actually find the link :)

Maybe you need someone just to write a summary of the whole board for you?

E.g. Gen Chat:

Introductions thread (exists to keep Stubby's post count high)

Rogues Gallery thread (all your stalking needs in one convenient thread!)

Aussies thread (the sledging thread, also thread for GS to confuse the fuck out of us)

US Politics (still mostly the same arguments 30 threads on!!)

Middle East thread (Horza pwns everyone else with his sniper-esque posts)

Chat thread (same as Introductions thread, except it's for Ski)

etc.

E.g. Gen Chat:

Aussies thread (the sledging thread, also thread for GS to confuse the fuck out of us)

etc.

Now thats useful!

Could also come in handy for discovering which thread has turned into the abortion thread of the week.

E.g. Gen Chat:

etc.

That is so true, you forgot to mention the cricket thread though. It does the same as the Introduction Thread but for you Prearts.

Archived