Jon Snow

Aniron

I don't think so. Orlando Bloom is for me more feminine. From what little we saw of Jon Snow during the trailers Kit will be able to portray him (when needed) as more badass and tough that Bloom ever was in his career. They do look alike to some extent, but Harington is darker and young, so probably the resemblance will fade over time. I guess as the series progresses we'll see, but once you've got him compared with Bloom it will probably be hard to get rid of this feeling of uncanny resemlance. Hope you succeed though, because it'll be better to appreciate him for himself and not constantly think of other characters.

I don't think so at all - very different faces. Similar hair/eye coloring but that's it. The closest feature that they share may be their brow line. Otherwise their eye shape, lips, jawline, nose, cheekbones, forehead are all different. Could they play brothers in a movie? Sure, but movies/tv are always very loose in how they cast siblings - unless it's really important for them to look alike.

I can see a bit of a resemblance but if you compare their pictures side by side, it really becomes clear that it's not an extremely striking resemblance at least to me. Sekhmet, I think you're overreacting just a little to the original poster. I don't see anything wrong with noticing a resemblance and asking if others do too, and not sure why it matters that it's his first post. I haven't noticed an overwhelming amount of topics created by people obsessing over which actors resemble what other actors unless those posts are usually confined to the casting subforum that I don't visit often.

Aniron, welcome to the board!

I can see a bit of a resemblance but if you compare their pictures side by side, it really becomes clear that it's not an extremely striking resemblance at least to me. Sekhmet, I think you're overreacting just a little to the original poster. I don't see anything wrong with noticing a resemblance and asking if others do too, and not sure why it matters that it's his first post. I haven't noticed an overwhelming amount of topics created by people obsessing over which actors resemble what other actors unless those posts are usually confined to the casting subforum that I don't visit often.

Aniron, welcome to the board!

:agree:

Aniron, welcome!

Kind of...

When he told Benjen in one of the teasers "I'm ready" followed by Benjens "You're not going. You're no Ranger, Jon" - i totally thought of Orlando Bloom.

Haha, I wasn't thinking that. I was thinking, "What in the WORLD is Benjen saying?" I had to play it 5-6 times. :)

Speaking of looking like somone, it gives me an idea. Why don't we and other GoT sites spread an internet rumor like a few days before the show airs, that Bieber makes an appearance. Then afterwards we can say, well I guess the rumor was false and we where gullible too. Never know, all the Biebettes may become enraptured with Jon, Robb, Jaime and Bran and become avid watchers.

Speaking of looking like somone, it gives me an idea. Why don't we and other GoT sites spread an internet rumor like a few days before the show airs, that Bieber makes an appearance. Then afterwards we can say, well I guess the rumor was false and we where gullible too. Never know, all the Biebettes may become enraptured with Jon, Robb, Jaime and Bran and become avid watchers.

LOL, i'm in xD

I personally wouldn't kick either one of them out of my bed. ;)

I took a nap after watching one of the HBO videos and somehow that influenced my dreaming and I had an affair with Kit Harrington. We drank a lot and I could barely understand what he was saying in my dream (how ridiculous is that?!) and he said he thought I had beautiful bones. Apparently my subconscious is pretty stupid. But it was a HOT dream. I'm also way too old for him so I feel dirty.

Archived