Interview with John Bradley-West

Westeros

Known as Samwell Tarly on the show, John Bradley-West is among a troop of young actors who’ve landed a role in one of the biggest television productions ever seen in Europe.

We had the opportunity to interview him concerning his budding career, his approach to acting, and his landing and playing the role of Jon Snow’ss best friend on the Wall. A gifted young actor practically fresh out of drama school, at the same time that he landed a significant role in Game of Thrones, he’s also playing a part in in Canal+‘s Borgia, in the role of Giovanni de Medici, and we’ll discuss some of his experiences there as well.

Read the interview!

Visit the Site!

I really enjoyed the interview. It'll be interesting to see if Samwell turns out to be one of those characters that more people enjoy more in the TV show than in the books. I could see, depending on how the scripts are written and how his acting comes across, Samwell being a more endearing character for some people who were annoyed by him the books.

• 1 year later...

Is there some reason why there are so few Jack Gleeson interviews? He has done such an incredible job with the part. A while back I searched YouTube for Jack Gleeson interviews, and there was only two, one which occurred before he was cast for Joffrey for some other movie, and a second which was GoT promo material for season 1. If you search YouTube for interviews by other actors in GoT and there is tons of stuff.

The younger actors all seem to have fewer interviews etc than the older stars and I assumed this was because of age/employment considerations.

Well he is 19 in real life so he's not that much younger than the other cast members . I think he is busy with his university and that's why he doesn't do so many interviews .

Well he is 19 in real life so he's not that much younger than the other cast members . I think he is busy with his university and that's why he doesn't do so many interviews .

I think he is not aiming to make a career in acting at the moment, so he doesn't have much to gain from doing interviews.

The link to the interview doesn't work for me.

Archived