NBA

Relic

Stan van Gundy got bitch slapped by Stern following his (in my opinion) spot on remarks.

Van Gundy said Friday that he was told he can't comment anymore in the escalating rhetoric with Stern that included personal jabs from both sides. Asked who told him to refrain from more remarks, Van Gundy responded, "I've been told I can't comment."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6208380

I really dislike Stenr's heavy handed measures. Some of them have proven to be beneficial to the game, but the crackdown on player frustration or emotion during the game is silly and it's a rule that would only be put in place by someone who doesn't play sports.

Roy was great at the end of the game last night. Managing his minutes will be tricky but if they can do it and use Roy as a closer, they will have a pretty dangerous 4th quarter team.

Rondo may be injured, Shaq will not be allowed to play until he is 100% + 3 days, Jermaine O'Neal's funeral as a player I believe is being planned.

And Chicago looks scary.

But don't worry Boston fans....<Kevin Bacon voice> "all is well!"

Grant Hill's response to Jalen Rose calling him an Uncle Tom for going to Duke:

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/16/grant-hills-response-to-jalen-rose/

It was a sad and somewhat pathetic turn of events, therefore, to see friends narrating this interesting documentary about their moment in time and calling me a bitch and worse, calling all black players at Duke “Uncle Toms” and, to some degree, disparaging my parents for their education, work ethic and commitment to each other and to me. I should have guessed there was something regrettable in the documentary when I received a Twitter apology from Jalen before its premiere. I am aware Jalen has gone to some length to explain his remarks about my family in numerous interviews, so I believe he has some admiration for them.

In his garbled but sweeping comment that Duke recruits only “black players that were ‘Uncle Toms,’ ” Jalen seems to change the usual meaning of those very vitriolic words into his own meaning, i.e., blacks from two-parent, middle-class families. He leaves us all guessing exactly what he believes today.

Rose's mindset - that wealth and education and two parent families are indicative of "whiteness" - is far too prevalent in much of the black community.

Does it make it better or worse that the Nuggets are 8-2 since the trade and their coach is now ecstatic at how coachable the team is? :lol:

Sigh. The Nuggets are currently my second favorite team. I want all those guys back. We could have just thrown money at Chandler instead. Siiiiiiiiiigh.

Rondo may be injured, Shaq will not be allowed to play until he is 100% + 3 days, Jermaine O'Neal's funeral as a player I believe is being planned.

And Chicago looks scary.

But don't worry Boston fans....<Kevin Bacon voice> "all is well!"

And the remainder of Chicago's schedule consists mainly of Eastern Conference bottom dwellers. http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/chi/chicago-bulls

And the remainder of Chicago's schedule consists mainly of Eastern Conference bottom dwellers. http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/chi/chicago-bulls

yeah, it's what - 10 games against teams under .500 AND playing at home? definitely edge to Bulls. I think they need it to - playing at home for them is going to be a huge mental boost. I love how the talking heads have changed tunes regarding what was needed to what is needed for the C's.

After game 7 last year the talk was all about the need for length and the need for home court. Now...length isn't as important, we can outspeed the Lakers with Green; home court isn't needed because, well they GOT there by going on the road. Sure, but, well, wouldn't you rather not have to travel for a game 7 to decide all the marbles?

Sigh. The Nuggets are currently my second favorite team. I want all those guys back. We could have just thrown money at Chandler instead. Siiiiiiiiiigh.

Hehe sorry to needle you there but its too easy. The Knicks just decided to go all in with no defense. I'd rather have the guys the Knicks gave up than Carmelo and Chauncey.

But on the plus side I think they could beat the Heat in a playoff series. Probably the only top East team but still.

But on the plus side I think they could beat the Heat in a playoff series. Probably the only top East team but still.

Yeah, that's possible. Or at least win 2 games at home. I'm not holding my breath tho.

There's a lot to be excited about for OKC. Perkins is a special kind of player, a big bruiser in the middle that immediately makes your defense better. That team is really starting to look very formidible defensively, and with a scorer like Durant on the other end, it is a dangerous team. I'll be rooting for them against anyone in the west.

Oh, and that dunk by Wade on Perkins was amazing.

Great dunk, but IMO it's a bit... silly to be posturing and dancing while you're down 9.

he got fouled, had some free time to dance. and that's a dunk worth celebrating.

Archived