A bully getting what he deserves.

Returned

Basically it's easier than tackling bullying, especially when the retaliator breaks the antagonist's shin - just imagine how the little twerps parents reacted.

Don't get me wrong - I like that the guy got his ass handed to him. The level of violence he struck back with was much more dangerous, though.

Lys, I will quote Patrick Rothfuss, because in this case nothing can word my feelings better.

There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.

That bully obviously needs to get educated in fantasy.

And you were a big kid, one for whom fighting had benefits, and the psychological was heaped on you in far greater and extended doses. This certainly skews your perception of what you prefer now, but doesn't make one worse than the other.

Oh, I know it's just my experience and it's not gospel. But in my experience, the physical was nothing compared to the verbal.

You may call me badass. I prefer to label it as "being practical" however. :)

I prefer you stick with the label "ignorant troll", but thanks for playing.

Lys, I will quote Patrick Rothfuss, because in this case nothing can word my feelings better.

There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.

That bully obviously needs to get educated in fantasy.

Like, you know the full scope of the interaction between the two kids?

And saying that verbal bullying is just a matter of ignoring the abuse is rather dense, considering that we're talking about schoolyard events for kids that look like they're in 9th or 10th grade. But whatever, dude. Why don't you start a third thread and cement the reputation of someone gaining a well-deserved title of being a giant douche trifecta? Not since KSI have we seen such a brave and glorious display of assholetry.

I prefer you stick with the label "ignorant troll", but thanks for playing.

I believe there are many people here that believe physical violence is worse than mental.

Why are you singling me out by calling me an ignorant troll?

You're not a bully, are you? Calling people names when you disagree with them is one of the key aspects of any seasoned bully.

Please leave this thread if you're a bully. Your mental abuse is hurting me so much, that I'm starting to cry.

I get why Casey retaliated AND why he retaliated as strongly as he did. The kid finally blew. But at the very least, the school should have suspended the little asshat with the busted shin too. Just because it's not easy to stop bullying doesn't mean it shouldn't even be attempted.

And Returned, you can quote Rothfuss to me anytime. I'm deep into Wise Man's Fear currently. :)

And saying that verbal bullying is just a matter of ignoring the abuse is rather dense, considering that we're talking about schoolyard events for kids that look like they're in 9th or 10th grade. But whatever, dude. Why don't you start a third thread and cement the reputation of someone gaining a well-deserved title of being a giant douche trifecta? Not since KSI have we seen such a brave and glorious display of assholetry.

I believe I just stated elsewhere in this thread that I don't fall for peer pressure and generally don't believe or place value on the label that others whom do not know me, might place on me.

"The larger kid on the right, is my son's friend Casey - thankfully they don't go to the same school. Poor Casey has been bullied his whole high school life, and this is what happens when he snaps!! But guess who was suspended in this scenario - Casey!!"

Just want to comment on this, had they been adults it wouldn't have been just a suspension it would have been assault. The amount of force Casey used was way more than the bully had.

Just want to comment on this, had they been adults it wouldn't have been just a suspension it would have been assault. The amount of force Casey used was way more than the bully had.

He punched him in the face. Twice. Granted, scientifically the actual force of a body slam is probably greater, but dude, in any practical sense "way more?" Really?

Not since KSI have we seen such a brave and glorious display of assholetry.

:lol:

On the topic of bullying, I was bullied pretty horribly when I first entered 6th grade. (That's "middle school" for you non-Americans.) There was a girl who grew up on my street who was pretty rough around the edges, who teamed up with a girl who was in a mental health group home (ironically, the same program that I would go and work for 16 years later). They made every morning at the bus stop a living hell for me. They said unthinkable things to me. I've honestly blocked out a lot of what was said. I had always been a popular kid, albeit sheltered, and had never encountered this type of hatred before. It got so bad that I would fake sick more often than not, or "sleep in" and make my mom drive me to school in the morning.

I was too scared to say anything to anyone, my mom included. So I just took it. For months. One day, after months and months of verbal abuse and torment, the girl from the group home challenged me to a fight. She was very much bigger than I was - not overweight, but a 14 year old girl whereas I was an 11 year old. I had had enough, and I snapped. I threw her to the ground with more force than I had ever known I had, and pinned her there. Held her there until the bus came, then helped her up.

She respected me from that point on, and we never had an altercation again. But still, I remember the months and months of being deathly afraid to walk the 11 houses down my quiet, friendly neighborhood to wait for the 15 minutes at the bus stop. I never, ever, want my child to feel that kind of fear and anxiety in his life.

"Name-calling"? If that's all you think psychological bullying is, then you are in no position to comment on the damage you think it may or may not inflict.

I would rather be punched/kicked. I've gotten both treatments, and the psychological was far worse.

I don't know, everyone is different, but getting physically put down, though terrible, was easier to cope with for me because the bruises on my skin would heal after a few days but the verbal bullying really bruised my self esteem and self worth.

Agreed. And I'm way older than you and it still fucks me up. Honestly, it's this "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" attitude that stops psychological bullying from being taken seriously, and I have zero tolerance for anyone trying to perpetuate it.

I worry about permanent damage to the other kid, but it's hard not to feel satisfied watching that.

I also don't really understand the merits of a proportional response. The West Wing addressed this in, like, the first episode, but I was never satisfied with their answer. If someone starts a fight apropos of nothing, why shouldn't his intended victim be allowed to break both his legs? Maybe the little shit will learn that he shouldn't start fights.

Agreed. And I'm way older than you and it still fucks me up. Honestly, it's this "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" attitude that stops psychological bullying from being taken seriously, and I have zero tolerance for anyone trying to perpetuate it.

You can't stop psychological bullying, if it happens, the only thing you can do about it is arm yourself/your child. How much do you think a school/parent or anyone can do about this kind of bullying?

You're gonna have a talk with the teacher, you're gonna have a talk with their parents? Won't work. You wanna try to warn the bully off? Won't work.

In the end, it comes down to yourself. Gotta tie your own shoelaces.

He punched him in the face. Twice. Granted, scientifically the actual force of a body slam is probably greater, but dude, in any practical sense "way more?" Really?

Once he blocked the second one, and yes the amount of force used to pick that kid up and toss him to the ground would be way more than that jab.

What if the little bully had been female? The size difference is certainly enough to make the question a valid one, and god knows I've seen girls who've acted much worse than this bully, both towards guys and other girls.

You have? he punched the kid in the face. Twice.

I don't doubt that worse things have been done by bullies, but what is in that video(assuming we have the backstory correct) is hardly on the low end of the bullying behavior scale.

You can't stop psychological bullying, if it happens, the only thing you can do about it is arm yourself/your child. How much do you think a school/parent or anyone can do about this kind of bullying?

You're gonna have a talk with the teacher, you're gonna have a talk with their parents? Won't work. You wanna try to warn the bully off? Won't work.

In the end, it comes down to yourself. Gotta tie your own shoelaces.

IMO? You need to involve the kids. Basic shit like "stand by your mates" or even "stick up for the underdog" that we take for granted as adults, you're not born knowing that. :dunno:

I can understand the boys reaction but I don't understand why people enjoy this video. It's actually a little sickening that there is a video of this.

It takes being bullied to create a bully. And there are often a lot of issues at a child's home (perhaps abuse) that result in them bullying.

Anyone who takes pleasure from this video is a little delusional and malicious.

Once he blocked the second one, and yes the amount of force used to pick that kid up and toss him to the ground would be way more than that jab.

Proportional response is a wonderful ideal, but I have no pity for aggressors.

Archived