Game of Thrones/Borgias Throwdown

Brude

Game of Thrones and The Borgias are going head-to-head in the subway/bus shelter poster wars, it seems. I snapped this picture in a subway station in (appropriately) Queens earlier today of the posters for the two shows side-by-side. I wonder if we'll soon see a GoT/Borgias/Camelot battle royale of posters somewhere.

I have to say, if the competition was only about the posters and nothing else, so far GoT would be winning this thing, hands down.

I am looking forward to The Borgias, it's a great subject for a series and I hope it comes off well. I probably won't be getting Showtime for it, though, so I'll have watch it on iTunes, or something. I have Netflix, so I'll be able to see Camelot, which is a good thing, though the one single scene I have seen looked pretty trashy (I can't believe I'm actually complaining about an Eva Green nude scene. What's the matter with me!!??).

Hmm. That is a dreadful poster for the Borgias. And normally I barely notice these things.

Is the Borgias a mini-series or is there more seasons hoped for? The concept is certainly very interesting.

I believe The Borgias is planned for several seasons, a la The Tudors. Gotta admit I'm more excited about The Borgias than I am about GoT.

I do want to watch all three, (AGOT>BORGIAS>CAMELOT) but I won't be subscribing to Showtime for the Borgias - there's too many shitty movies on Showtime to justify the cost. Starz I already get through Netflix, and I did subscribe to HBO a few weeks ago in anticipation of AGOT.

It's intended as a full series. I expect it will get at least one more season.

John Bradley-West (Samwell) is playing Giovanni de Medici in it, who'll one day (long after the time period of this series) end up pope.

It's intended as a full series. I expect it will get at least one more season.

John Bradley-West (Samwell) is playing Giovanni de Medici in it, who'll one day (long after the time period of this series) end up pope.

I wonder how they'll manage accents. I have a feeling English/American ones will be insufferably out of place, and extravagant Italian ones are just silly. Its my main concern for the show.

Frankly, if I hadn't read the books, I would choose 'The Borgias'. Because... Well, it's the Borgias. You can hardly find a family more ambitious, morally corrupt and fascinating. Is there a single crime they haven't been acused of?

If I had to pick one of the two, that would be GoT, but only because I'm more emotionally invested in the series.

Frankly, if I hadn't read the books, I would choose 'The Borgias'. Because... Well, it's the Borgias. You can hardly find a family more ambitious, morally corrupt and fascinating. Is there a single crime they haven't been acused of?

If I had to pick one of the two, that would be GoT, but only because I'm more emotionally invested in the series.

Oh agreed. However I think GOT fans outnumber Italian renaissance history buffs (at least the type who watches TV).

I thought John Bradley West was not in Showtimes The Borgias, but in a french produced show about the Borgias?

The issue here for me isn't even so much the subject - I'm definitely interested in The Borgias, maybe not so much as AGOT, but still the topic is very interesting. But AGOT is HBO, and Borgias is Showtime. Huge difference in their show qualities - at least to me. Had AGOT been produced by Showtime and Borgias by HBO, it might be a much tougher call which one I'd be looking forward to more. I expect Borgias to be Tudors quality - sometimes pretty good, but sometimes bad.

The issue here for me isn't even so much the subject - I'm definitely interested in The Borgias, maybe not so much as AGOT, but still the topic is very interesting. But AGOT is HBO, and Borgias is Showtime. Huge difference in their show qualities - at least to me. Had AGOT been produced by Showtime and Borgias by HBO, it might be a much tougher call which one I'd be looking forward to more. I expect Borgias to be Tudors quality - sometimes pretty good, but sometimes bad.

:agree:

Showtime is the problem here. They put a lot a meaningless sex&trash scenes everywhere and they haven't produced nothing really original since dexter (first season only).

And (maybe thats just because i grew up in italy) the borgias nauseate me now. Enough, stop please!!

...and GOT is HBO!! Come on, HBO!! This is enough to decide

I definitely wont be watching all three. I'm not a massive TV person anyway, and three shows with similar political themes is just overkill. I imagine it will be the same for the majority, which is why I think the timing of all these shows will damage each other.

I have a feeling I will dislike Camelot. I havent seen it yet but from what I hear its essentially a Tudors knockoff (which I disliked intently to begin with). So its likely going to be GOT and Borgias for me.

Archived