Lannister and Baratheon Feauterettes

Westeros

I confess the line about Cat learning how to become a man didn't really encourage me, rather it suggested more to me what I feared, that they're going to use her arc in the story to show her finding strength she never had before. But of course we can't really say for certain yet.

I want to believe it's moreso that she's defying gender roles in a man's world, and there's no other way to really define it except by "learning to become a man" in the given circumstances...but yes, it gave me pause as well, LB.

At least I think they're setting up Cat and Cersei to be foils to each other, if nothing else. (Much like in the books.)

Some more screenshots - there's so much though that I'm sure I'm missing some great scenes.

Dany's Eyes

Drogo and Irri

A new shot of Viserys - important scene

Theon - he is talking to Tyrion here

This may not be a new shot of King's Landing but I wanted to include it just in case. Note the stag at the entrance and the Stark banners.

I'll do a few more in a bit.

Between the House features and the Character features on Xfinity, I am getting close to spoiler overload. But I just can't stop watching them.

Harry Lloyd seems just perfect as Viserys. And it was really interesting to hear Sophie's take on Sansa.

I sometimes wonder if Lena Headey realizes just what an idiot Cersei is. But maybe it is better she doesn't because Cersei herself clearly does not.

Between the House features and the Character features on Xfinity, I am getting close to spoiler overload. But I just can't stop watching them.

Seriously. I think I literally just doubled the amount of footage I've seen in the last hour. And I'm not even finished yet.

Some laughs, some Cleganes fighting, some time with the Stark kids (excepting Robb and Rickon), Samwell Tarly sightings, Emilia rocking it, Peter and Nikolai nailing it, Robert staggering around drunk in the woods, direwolf pups, nice shot of Bronn, "Close the door!" and plenty more.

Whew!

There aren't that many spoilers in the character videos, it's more glimpses and interviews.

Personally i can see where Heady is coming from when she's talking about Cersei, you can't really play a character that's pure evil (at least not on this show) so she must have some reasons to why she became so bitter and hateful towards Robert. He rejected her and to someone like Cersei that's a huge insult. While we know she didn't exactly love him, she might have been inclined to have some sort of normal relationship with him until their wedding night.

There aren't that many spoilers in the character videos, it's more glimpses and interviews.

Yeah. But since we already know the entire plot, the only surprises are changes and just seeing stuff we've only imagined before.

My only concern is by watching too many clips is when I'm watching the show itself, it won't feel like I'm seeing anything for the first time. Of course having read the books, I know the plot, but I don't exactly how HBO will be telling the story and showing us the scenes. That said, I'll probably give into the temptation when I'm home from work and watch at least some of them. ;)

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but Jaime doesn't seem to be sitting on the throne when Ned walks in.

i think that scene is when ned first arrives at kings landing and not the infamous scene we all know about.

those new profile videos are really great. arya is so perfect its frightening. when she shows up late at the arrival of robert with her stark helmet on its just adorable.

Dance certainly fits the role of Tywin well from a visual perspective. I've never seen Dance in anything else, but I don't doubt he has the acting chops to pull off the role.

Check out this clip from Bleak House. There's a short scene with him as Tulkinghorn right at the beginning, then a few seconds of another scene, then it goes back to a longer scene with Dance that I think really shows him in a Tywin-like light.

The Comcast clips work for me, too and I'm also a TimeWarner subscriber. Great clips!

Yeah, they work in the US for anyone. However, as a Comcast subscriber, we discovered that there are more videos in their On Demand service on the television that contain tons of extra footage and profiles for both Jaime and Robb. Off the top of my head some of the differences were:

Talk of the springs of Winterfell by Richard Madden

Actually LOTS of Richard Madden talking about his role and the series...lots of great back story for the non initiated.

Catelyn saying there must be a Stark in Winterfell after Robb says he's going to go south

Jon and Robb shirtless, Robb making fun of Jon's hair

Catelyn's scene with Jon Snow after Bran's fall - the infamous bitchy one that people hate

Tywin speaking in a couple of scenes - one where he tells Tyrion he thought he was a stunted fool or something and another scene where he tells Jaime he needs to claim what is rightfully his or whatever

I may watch them again and make note of all the other additions. There's a lot to process and remember, but basically the house videos are all over 9 minutes long.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but Jaime doesn't seem to be sitting on the throne when Ned walks in.

In the books, the only time Jaime sits on the throne is right after he's killed Aerys. I'm pretty sure what we're seeing in the trailer is a much later scene, not a flashback.

Archived