More Videos from Fancast

Westeros

And now there’s a veritable bonanza of new videos, as Fancast has many videos up in a clips section. Many of them are described as portrait pieces, highlighting a number of the significant characters of the series, including Daenerys, Jon Snow, and King Robert. Others are behind-the-scenes pieces, including 7 minutes on weapons and 7 more minutes of stunts and fight choreography.

Although it was suggested you had to be a Comcast subscriber to see the videos at this time, although some reports claim that’s not the case. Whatever the truth, it certainly seems those outside of U.S. (e.g. us) can’t see them, so here’s hoping that there’s a short exclusivity window and HBO will be releasing them soon! But for those in the U.S., or at least those who are Comcast subscribers, here’s a couple of embeds to whet your appetite

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Okay if you have Comcast cable, go into Top Picks (not the HD though, for some reason - there's only a couple there!) and watch the trailers there - there are more of them and there's additional footage that isn't in the online versions. Jon and Robb shirtless, for one :smileysex:

Dinklage and Maisie are brilliant, and I think a nod must be given to Iain Glen. Excellent actor and it looks like he'll do brilliant work as Jorah Mormont.

So was that girl Sansa was talking to at the feast Jeyne Poole? Extra or actual character?

God, Dinklage's accent bothers me. Sometimes it's just a little distracting, but some words grate terribly.

I hadn't made up my mind until now, but after all these clips, I think I've heard enough to know it's going to bug me.

Shame, because I like everything else about his performance, and most of the other actors seem really solid.

The Comcast On Demand videos show a Tywin speaking a couple of times and a LOT of Robb. I watched them with my boyfriend and he really liked it because it gave so much backstory (he's never read the books).

The Comcast On Demand videos show a Tywin speaking a couple of times and a LOT of Robb. I watched them with my boyfriend and he really liked it because it gave so much backstory (he's never read the books).

I see on the website that there's a Jaime and a Robb video (the two I wanted the most) that weren't on the other website. Hopefully these surface on the internet.

I see on the website that there's a Jaime and a Robb video (the two I wanted the most) that weren't on the other website. Hopefully these surface on the internet.

Yeah they are both really good - there's a LOT of Robb in the TV versions. The house profiles are over nine minutes long each.

Grr, I don't have comcast. I wonder if these will show up somewhere else? Online maybe?

I have Comcast, these are all in On Demand - Top Picks?

Not in the HBO section?

Man, wish they were in HD!

I think they put them in the Top Picks section because only people who already have HBO subscriptions are likely to go to the HBO section. Just a theory though - but maybe they'll move them over there at a later date.

Some of the videos are in HD, but there's only a couple of them compared to the non-HD versions.

I wonder why there wasn't a character portrait for Robb.

ETA: Mark Addy says "Ned was gifted Winterfell when Robert took his place at King's Landing." <_<

There is a portrait for Robb but it's only available to Comcast customers in their on demand service, as well as a Jaime profile and greater expansion into the different houses.

From what I remember of "gifting" in a medieval sense, usually when there's a new ruler that means that the seats of the major houses are not necessarily automatically retained. So in a sense, Ned got to retain Wintefell as the Stark home by pledging his allegiance to Robert - plus he was not the original heir, as Brandon should have had the home. I wouldn't read too much into it, anyway.

There is a portrait for Robb but it's only available to Comcast customers in their on demand service, as well as a Jaime profile and greater expansion into the different houses.

:tantrum: I hope they release them for everyone.

From what I remember of "gifting" in a medieval sense, usually when there's a new ruler that means that the seats of the major houses are not necessarily automatically retained. So in a sense, Ned got to retain Wintefell as the Stark home by pledging his allegiance to Robert - plus he was not the original heir, as Brandon should have had the home. I wouldn't read too much into it, anyway.

I'm not reading too much into it, if anything it just bugs me a bit. Assuming Robert's Rebellion had not happened, but Brandon and Rickard had still been killed, Ned would have been the Lord of Winterfell. So while he wasn't the heir apparent he was the second-in-line to the seat. The only way I can see Addy's words being true and not a slip-up is if Aerys had, at least through an order not physically, granted Winterfell to someone else since Ned was engaged in open rebellion against the Throne. Since it's not discussed in the books anywhere, I think Addy messed up more than anything, since Ned was by all rights the proper heir to Winterfell after Brandon.

Okay another little bit:

A shot of the dead stag

Something many people may not like: A scene with Ned and Catelyn in bed where Ned is talking about belonging up north, not in the rats nest down south and Catelyn says "I won't let him take you"

Sansa and Joff walking in the woods, where they come upon Arya and Mycah swordfighting and Sansa and Arya argue

GRRM talking about why Jon is called "Snow" and a bit more of the backstory - Ned bringing Jon home from the war, etc.

Jaime telling Ned that his brother and father were good men and that no one deserves to die like that and Ned says "you just stood there and watched" and Jaime replies "500 men just stood there and watched"

More expose about Benjen and being the First Ranger

Robb saying "I'm not your boy, Lannister, I'm Lord of Winterfell while my father is away" and Tyrion replying - "then you might learn a lord's courtesy". Would need to check but that also sounds straight out of the book

Robb telling Bran to relax his arm while holding the bow

Luwin talking! Telling Catelyn that several positions need appointments and Cat saying she doesn't care about the appointments and Robb saying that he will make them

Jaime and Jon interacting - him telling Jon that when you cut a man you realize we are all just sacks of meat

Jaime saying that "when he watched the mad king die, I remembered him laughing at your father burning. it felt like justice. Ned replies "is that what you tell yourself at night".

Jaime telling Tyrion "don't leave me alone with these people" which is the Ros scene

Oh and Here's a TERRIBLE screenshot of Robb and Jon Sorry the quality isn't better - it's a weirdly lit scene where Jon is about to get a haircut (Jon is on the right and Robb on the left). Maybe someone can improve the quality? Regardless, I can assure everyone that they look AWESOME :drool:

Archived