Sandor Clegane appearance

I've searching 4 that question and I cant find it in any topics, but in case its repeated pease link me to the original one.

Ok, only a doubt realy. I am glad about HBO's serie and also about character's appearance in general. I dont want to start a new discussion about perfectionist details and how much argue ASOIAF's fans about the serie...

But... I saw some Sandor's pics and I got myself a bit puzzled: Witch Sandor's face is burned? left or right? I've always think that this is left one but in HBO's pics is right one.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a phenomenon called "left gaze bias" - humans (and dogs, apparently) looking at another human face focus more on the right side of the other person's face which is controlled by the left hemisphere of the brain and thus more expressive of emotions. So swapping Sandor's scars to the right will draw viewers' attention to them, I guess. Maybe as a way to compensate for not going ueber-Two-Face with the makeup/special effects?

There's a phenomenon called "left gaze bias" - humans (and dogs, apparently) looking at another human face focus more on the right side of the other person's face which is controlled by the left hemisphere of the brain and thus more expressive of emotions. So swapping Sandor's scars to the right will draw viewers' attention to them, I guess. Maybe as a way to compensate for not going ueber-Two-Face with the makeup/special effects?

:blink: Really? Cool...

If there's some thinking along those lines, ... cool! I was also just thinking how... goofy it'd look if Sandor really looked as described in the books. Two-Face sounds about right. Though the worst of it might be attributed to Sansa, who, as we know, isn't the most reliable of narrators... ;)

If there's some thinking along those lines, ... cool! I was also just thinking how... goofy it'd look if Sandor really looked as described in the books. Two-Face sounds about right. Though the worst of it might be attributed to Sansa, who, as we know, isn't the most reliable of narrators... ;)

I believe there is a pretty good, almost neutral (neutral in the sense of look with your eyes ;)) description of Sandor's face in one of Arya's chapters, where she looks at him unafraid; he even grudgingly allows that she, at least, really looks at his face. So we have some additional information from there on how Sandor's face actually looks, and it's perhaps a little underwhelming from the stills so far.

I'm betting the side switch actually had to do with the actor's hair. It's unclear to me how much of his greasy locks are his versus wig/extensions, but it looks like they kept his natural part/cowlick in place to help with the fall. Especially the one headshot I've seen all over of McCann looking down shows how his natural hair is receding. It appears that he has cowlicks on both sides of his head, but that the one on the left is larger/more receding and lends itself well to a part. (It's very similar to my own part/cowlick pattern actually, although I lack the bald spots.) Longer, masking hair is more easily grown or inserted via extensions along that line, giving a natural sweep of hair on the right behind which Sandor can partially hide his burns.

Edited because while the wrongly spelled word was amusing, it was also embarrassing.

I'm betting the side switch actually had to do with the actor's hair. It's unclear to me how much of his greasy locks are his versus wig/extensions, but it looks like they kept his natural part/colic in place to help with the fall. Especially the one headshot I've seen all over of McCann looking down shows how his natural hair is receding. It appears that he has colics on both sides of his head, but that the one on the left is larger/more receding and lends itself well to a part. (It's very similar to my own part/colic pattern actually, although I lack the bald spots.) Longer, masking hair is more easily grown or inserted via extensions along that line, giving a natural sweep of hair on the right behind which Sandor can partially hide his burns.

Isn't colic a kind of abdominal pain?

Archived