HBO Store Midtown Manhattan

It was a ridiculously nice friday on the East coast so the girl and I took a jaunt down to the hbo store in midtown and I was really impressed. I had already seen pics of the shirts they offer but was completely surprised when I saw how they transformed the inside of the store into some sort of GoT tribute. I got pumped right off the bat when I saw the display facing 6th ave was completely dedicated to the show -- they had some costumes and other trinkets that look like they were right outta the show. They didn't have a lot of actual merchandise (just 7 family sigil shirts and a generic GoT girl T-shirt) but the employees all said they were gonna roll out a lot more when the show launches. Regardless, I bought a baller Greyjoy shirt with the Kraken on it and spent a solid half hour walking around seeing the displays and arguing with my gf over which of the 7 aspects of the deity were being represented in the little mini dolls.

I am wondering if anyone else has been down there yet and what they think about the store? I was honestly a bit relieved when I realized just how much HBO is throwing behind this debut since I have been talking it up to a lot of people. It has been a pain trying to turn friends onto the fantasy genre and I have only had any success with Martin's series; a solid HBO debut will make me into some sort of "farsighted/progressive supporter of all things cool" instead of the "crazed rabid fanboy" my friends prolly think of me as.

My friend and I also went to the store yesterday. We thought it was great. The audio wasn't working while we were in the store but the video screens were on. At the time we were there, the video showed quick glimpses of the major characters.

We had a little chat with one of the workers in the store (who also happens to be a fan of the novels) and he told us that there will be a lot more merchandise coming in during the next couple of weeks. He specifically mentioned stein-like drinkware for each of the houses. He has seen the first episode and was very happy with it and couldn't wait to see more. The little chat got us even more excited for the show.

We had a little chat with one of the workers in the store (who also happens to be a fan of the novels) and he told us that there will be a lot more merchandise coming in during the next couple of weeks. He specifically mentioned stein-like drinkware for each of the houses.

Ooooohh! That's something I might have to get.

The guy at the store had a hard time describing the drinkware - not exactly a beer stein or a glass beer mug, but some combination of the two. I am really curious to see what they will look like. He said those should arrive sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I went to the HBO store today and bought two shirts (one Stark shirt for my husband and a Game of Thrones shirt for me). Unfortunately they didn't have the House shirt in girl style, though they said they would get those next week. Everyone at the store where into the books, so it was fun chatting with them. Apparently the Targaryen shirts have been selling the most so far. They also confirmed that steins and keychains etc. would come in when the show premiers.

I took some pictures in case anyone's interested.

Archived