Your Mental Image of Characters

Drezin

Someone like Matthias Schweighöfer should play Loras. The TV-Loras is good looking, but not that good looking.

So beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to think Finn Jones is much more handsome than the (admittedly not bad looking) dude you mentioned.

Some of the cast choices that won't replace my mental images of certain characters are:

* Alfie Owen-Allen as Theon. I'm ok with the cast, but this is Theon for me.

* Emilia Clarke as Dany. I've been stuck on Tamzin Merchant ever since Mr. Martin first mentioned it.

* (and surprise, surprise) Sean Bean as Ned. To a degree, Sean Bean is the perfect Ned, but I've had such a detailed image of him in my mind during the first book, it's practically impossible to change it now.

I really only have a problem with Jon and Cersei.

I think the actor they casted as Jon is only going to enhance the perception of Jon as angsty and whiney. The dude looks like a mope and I imagine that is how we'll see Jon portrayed (guesswork). I mean what is with that queer scraggly beard and curly jerry curl haircut? I don't get why they cast an actor who looks nothing like Sean Bean. That is half the reason Cat hates Jon because he has the northern look that Ned has. This Kit guy looks more like the son of the guy playing Robert.

I simply don't think Cersei is hot enough. I don't that actress really emplifies the golden beauty of Cersei. I was looking for a Helen of Troy level of hotness(not the actress from that movie, didn't think she was very heleny either). I thought Jaime was cast well, but his sister doesn't resemble a twin at all.

Opinions of beauty vary. In my opinion there is one actress that is far more plain/not pretty than I was expecting. No, it wasn't Cersie, and it wasn't Catelyn, I'm not going to say who it is. But, I think Cersie looks great!

so then why bring it up? do we all have to guess?
It's not really important who I personally think isn't very pretty, is it? I'm just saying is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I think (removing written word fantasy hyperbole that is an impossible standard to live up to) Heady is definitely pretty enough.

As an example not from this cast of my personal taste being possibly oddball, I've never been able to understand how Julia Roberts is at all pretty, but tons of people think she is amazing looking (I do think she is a fine actress).

Cersei is a major problem. Compared to my mental image of Cersei, the actress playing her is downright plain. Can't get past that.

I have really liked the actress since Sarah Connor days. And I really liked what she has done with Cersei so far. :)

Archived