Maester's Path 5th Link and NYC Food Experience

Westeros

Very nice!

I'm learning to shoot on one of these. Not mine, though, unfortunately.

Also, I'm very disappointed that Brude is not a black silhouette IRL.

Looks like a nice camera, though that price on that site is a bit high (B&H has it for $3,400). It records in a different format than mine. Panasonic also has cameras that record AVCHD, which they co-developed with Sony, but I'm sure it looks great. The one thing I really like about the Sonys over Panasonic is that they have a proper iris ring on the lens. For some reason Panasonic uses other systems like little dials near the lens, or you have to swap the function of one of the other rings with a switch, so I hear (focus, I believe). I was very close on buying the Panasonic AVCHD camera over the Sony, but that was a big factor for me (also, I found a pristine Sony being sold as used at B&H for only $2800 instead of $3500).

As for not being a black silhouette, that only happens on nights of the New Moon.

Looks like a nice camera, though that price on that site is a bit high (B&H has it for $3,400). It records in a different format than mine. Panasonic also has cameras that record AVCHD, which they co-developed with Sony, but I'm sure it looks great. The one thing I really like about the Sonys over Panasonic is that they have a proper iris ring on the lens. For some reason Panasonic uses other systems like little dials near the lens, or you have to swap the function of one of the other rings with a switch, so I hear (focus, I believe). I was very close on buying the Panasonic AVCHD camera over the Sony, but that was a big factor for me (also, I found a pristine Sony being sold as used at B&H for only $2800 instead of $3500).

As for not being a black silhouette, that only happens on nights of the New Moon.

My teacher is in LOVE with these cameras, but I did hear him mention something about liking similar Sony models as well. I *think* that the default of the ring is the iris, but you can swap it out with a switch to other functions. However, I may be mistaken because I have literally only played with it once in class (although I'll be taking it home this week to start filming my projects). I am absolutely terrified of dealing with the technical aspects of filming, but hopefully this class will ease my apprehension.

Not only are you not a black silhouette, you are all colorful in your blue and shit. Way to throw my mental images off balance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived