Major. League. Baseball.

Myshkin

Well my expectations for the Cubs is at an all-time low. Even when they fielded terrible teams I had that hopeless optimism. This year, fielding a team that would have a chance at a playoff run wearing almost any other uniform, I have no faith at all.

Which means they might actually do well. But will likely fight it out with the Pirates for bottom feeders of the NL Central.

Did anyone pick my Pirates to win the Series? No?

Maybe the Central or even the wild card? Ok...

How about finishing over .500? Fuck.

I believe it's gonna be a long summer.

What is your problem? I gotta put up with NY Mets news for the next 6 *&^*&^* months.

It's a great day when baseball is back. Now I can stop pretending that I care about inferior sports.

Winning season or bust, baby! O-R-I-O-L-E-S! (magic magic magic magic)

Good luck. I see them scoring a lot of runs this year but I see them giving up a lot more.

WAR Padres!

?

I've been a Padres fan since 1970 and have never heard this phrase. Is there some subset of Padres fandom that also loves Auburn???

Yes, believe it or not Padres fandom is large enough to have subsets, dammit!

?

I've been a Padres fan since 1970 and have never heard this phrase. Is there some subset of Padres fandom that also loves Auburn???

Yes, believe it or not Padres fandom is large enough to have subsets, dammit!

It's a phrase carried over from MMA forums. WAR [insert_fighter_name]!

This could be the last year that Albert Pujols is a Cardinal. This makes losing Wainwright for the year all the more frightening. This could be could have been our last best shot at winning a title. Perhaps Albert will stay and Wainwright will return from Tommy John better than ever, but the future is cloudy.

Watch out for the return of 3rd baseman David Freese for St. Louis.

Go Cards! Please resign Pujols!

Don't you have Lance Berkman starting in right?

I do believe he will start in right. Holliday had offered to move to right, but I believe they'll keep him in left.

I can see into Busch stadium from my office, but no tickets today.

Go Cards! Please resign Pujols!

I do believe he will start in right. Holliday had offered to move to right, but I believe they'll keep him in left.

I can see into Busch stadium from my office, but no tickets today.

going to take a long lunch at a bar to watch some of the game.

The Giants won the World Series. Your argument is invalid.

What did they do lately?

Old news. Try making an argument not based on ancient history.

See? Even Mysh gets it...

Not until October it isn't. But speaking of current events, how's that divorce going? :kiss:

ETA: Ah yes. The sweet sweet sound of silence from Chavez Ravine.

And hey, Jixon! (Jexum? WTF was his name again?) It looks like Brandon Belt will be starting in the bigs this season.

What the hell do I have to do with a Brandon Belt discussion? Did we talk about him once upon a time? Good luck to the kid. He's going to need it because the Giants are going to need all the help they can get. The road to a repeat is going to be very tough for them.

Well my expectations for the Cubs is at an all-time low. Even when they fielded terrible teams I had that hopeless optimism. This year, fielding a team that would have a chance at a playoff run wearing almost any other uniform, I have no faith at all.

Which means they might actually do well. But will likely fight it out with the Pirates for bottom feeders of the NL Central.

That's enough out of you, Debbie Downer. It's going to be an awesome season. Hell, I heard someone on the radio actually pick the Cubs to win the Central this year today...I think it was actually a reported from the St. Louis Post Dispatch...? Someone connected to the St. Louis media I think...

What did they do lately?

See? Even Mysh gets it...

I'll bet you both do.

What the hell do I have to do with a Brandon Belt discussion? Did we talk about him once upon a time? Good luck to the kid. He's going to need it because the Giants are going to need all the help they can get. The road to a repeat is going to be very tough for them.

Pretty much this. We Giants fans are happy that our team will remain competitive for the near future. You however continuously freak out about OMG IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO REPEAT like we don't already know that. In the course of you explaining how the Giants offense with be worse at every position and all of our pitchers will require surgery by May, I mentioned Belt was in the pipeline and you said you'd keep an eye out.

Just trying to help. :P

ETA:

I've only seen the former. I'll look for the others.

While the former is for Sportcenter, the latter two are for mlbepic.com or something like that.

Archived