Episode Titles through Episode 7

Westeros

Via MSN.com, we now have the episode titles for episodes 5 through 7. Episode 5 is “The Wolf and the Lion”, episode 6 is “A Golden Crown”, and episode 7 (this is a new one for Linda and I) is, “You Win or You Die”. With GRRM’s episode 8 title of “The Pointy End” already known, this just leaves the final two episodes to be titled.

Visit the Site!

i was sure "you win or you die" was going to be the title of the episode 9

(IMHO,

the one in which ned dies..

at the end of the episode) because episode 8 ("the pointy end") is likely the one in which

arya kills the stabble boy and ned loses the game against cersei

well, i was wrong.

About episodes 9 & 10.. "the whispering woods". my two cents

The Whispering Woods and The King in the North would be good guesses for titles for the last two, though we've had whole topics about this ;) I recall The Music of Dragons being a popular choice as well.

The summaries for the episodes up to 107 are now out too: spoilers, of course!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/game-of-thrones-may-episode-summaries.html

The Whispering Woods and The King in the North would be good guesses for titles for the last two' date=' though we've had whole topics about this ;) I recall The Music of Dragons being a popular choice as well.[/quote']

I always liked 'The Music of Dragons' for episode 10, but it's possibly too spoilery. :D

Maybe, but it's also a great title :) Of course, they can also call episode 1 of Season 2 The King in the North by having the now-enkinged Robb meeting up with Edmure and Hoster and the Blackfish etc.

I'm not sure about The Music of Dragons being spoilery. The audience could assume it's a reference to the Targaryens rather than specifically dragons (like The Wolf and the Lion refers to the Starks and Lannisters, not those animals literally).

Depends on how much that map shows. If it just showed the coast and the Free Cities, than we can suppose the coastline is relatively accurate, but relative distance and position to Vaes Dothrak, and the northern coastline of Essos stretching out to the north of it, I'm not so sure. But cool that they had a look. That'd be useful to them.

I'm not sure about The Music of Dragons being spoilery. The audience could assume it's a reference to the Targaryens rather than specifically dragons (like The Wolf and the Lion refers to the Starks and Lannisters, not those animals literally).

Actually, that's very true. The context of the title is only clear if you've already read the books (like with 'A Golden Crown').

Blood and Fire works too instead of Music of Dragons. After all, there is blood and fire in that episode and we have Stark's words Winter is Coming as an episode name.

What's the music of dragons, but a song of fire, and the proclaiming of the king in the north but a song of ice? Could end season 1 end with the true name of the series, 'A Song of Ice and Fire', without being spoilery in the least? Though given they are 2 songs then the episode title could be adjusted to 'Songs of Ice and Fire', but still a clear reference to the name of the book series.

I'd like episode 10 to be "The Comet".

Why? I could be wrong - but I don't think the comet is mentioned until ACOK. They might have included some ACOK stuff to make a more effective season cliff-hanger - But the comet itself is such a significant part of the overall book 2 "atmosphere", so it would make sense to wait.

The comet is first seen at the end of AGOT, when Dany gives birth to her dragons.

But I would agree with you that it would be a better title for the first episode of the second season, which is when it is seen by all the characters and is used to great effect to create "atmosphere" with all the different interpretations of its meaning.

Archived