[BOOK SPOILERS] The First 15 Minutes

Ran

This thread is for discussing the sneak peek at the first 15 minutes of Episode 1 which will air at 9PM EDT on Sunday, April 3rd, and which will then be made available online at HBO.com and/or Making Game of Thrones.

Discussion can use book spoilers, such as citing references to future volumes, or discussing in detail changes from the text.

Nitpicking out of the way first: EDT, unless there's some reason they're reverting away from daylight savings time for this. :P (Also, 'miscellany'.)

Also, bfc, you may find it useful to invest in a cable or two to hook your laptop up to your TV, just in case you do decide to go the laptop route. I love watching stuff online that is fed to the HDTV here in the hotel - totally different experience, especially with the better speakers. I am lucky enough to have HBO here, so I can watch initially straight on the TV, but if I rewatch later, it'll have to be through the laptop - and I'm definitely using the TV as my computer display in that case.

Oh man i can't see the preview in HBO site nor in Making Game of Thrones

I am from Brazil and love SoIaF, and i need to watch this preview.

Please someone help me! :worried:

ps: sorry for the bad english

It'll be available online after the preview airs, so in another 10 minutes or so. :) I'm waiting too!

It'll be available online after the preview airs, so in another 10 minutes or so. :) I'm waiting too!

Oh thanks for the quick reply! :laugh:

By the way, do you know if the preview will be airing in HBO of other places, like Brazil or Spain?

That was quite a whet of the appetite. "White Walkers" and confirmation that there are wights...or whatever they'll call them.

I very much liked the ominous feeling they portrayed beyond the Wall.

eta: yeah, that did go by really fast. I'm guessing that the very next scene is the pup scene.

You could see the heart tree in the Godswood behind Winterfell! I loved Arya with the bow and arrow. It was all amazing and I’m bound to have it memorized by the time the premiere airs in two weeks. Well done, HBO!

Loved it. Dub is already making fun of me for fangirling. His one comment was: Catelyn looks off. (This is the first video he has seen so far.) I disagree. I love her look, and have defended it from the get-go. (He thinks she has lost too much of the beauty that she had when she was younger.)

My only nitpick was that they didn't have Theon kick Will's head. I suppose they'll find other ways to set him up to be an ass, though.

I should also add that visually, that was stunning.

And yes, Arya stole the show, but Bran took a piece of my heart away, too. Loved the lighter fare they're showing - the Starks as they were before the King comes to town and it all goes to shit.

I'm going to need to watch that again, more than a few times. Got it DVRd for the next two weeks at which point it will be gratefully replaced with the full episode. Seeing it on a "big" (only 42", but still a lot bigger than my laptop screen!) screen in HD made a huge difference.

A few mildly off notes for me, but overall, very good on average with some excellent high notes. But overall I am still a little stunned I actually watched the thing after all this build up, so again, I will need to watch it a few more times before being able to say much of anything.

I liked it. I think as an adaption there will be some disappointments due to not being able to cover everything but I think I'm really gonna like it. I'm just gonna have to forget the books and enjoy the show for what it is. I can do that.

I'm now getting excited for the 17th.

Archived