[BOOK SPOILERS] A Miscellany of Ice and Fire

Ran

I've a feeling there's nothing really specific planned for Trant, except possibly having Arya dealing with him because of Syrio. But I suspect that to save on casting an extra role, it really will just be Trant, and they'll have Mandon Moore/Boros Blount/whoever later on, as needed. Truth be told, I imagine it's likelier we'll see Balon Swann cast in S2 sooner than Moore or Blount.

If they only add one KG in season 2, then I'd go for Osmund Kettleblack over Balon Swann - Swann doesn't really do anything other than fight in the Battle of the Blackwater, whereas Ser Osmund is involved in the intrigues between Tyrion and Cersei.

They could combine Ser Ayrs and Ser Balon in season 2. At least have one member of the KG protest having to beat Sansa to show they aren't all scumbags. The same character would stick wity Tyrion on the Blackwater.

I think I just sucked another person into the books (and maybe the show) about five minutes ago. My friend had another friend visiting and they were over - she's going back home to Ohio tonight, otherwise she said she'd stay for out little premier party tonight, but I gave her my paperback copy of GoT and showed her a trailer on HBO OnDemand and she flipped out. She knew nothing of the books or the TV series and was pretty much screaming by the end of the trailer, so funny. She said it's totally her thing.

Did anybody else watch the 15-minute special last week and giggle when Martin said: "Ned Stark is the centre of the series!"? I thought that was hilarious.

Well, he was talking in the context of the first season only, and Ned pretty much is the center of AGoT.

I have to comment on this as it has been bugging me. The Stark's bedroom fireplace mantle is dripping with wax. That is so unsafe. They will burn Winterfel down before long.

(To make firestarters (for fireplaces) you dip pine cones in WAX. Wax is very flamable.)

Ok, I feel better now. :P

I have to comment on this as it has been bugging me. The Stark's bedroom fireplace mantle is dripping with wax. That is so unsafe. They will burn Winterfel down before long.

(To make firestarters (for fireplaces) you dip pine cones in WAX. Wax is very flamable.)

Ok, I feel better now. :P

Also, there were candles everywhere in the crypts... looked like they'd been burning forever too.

So Joe Abercrombie did an interview with GRRM and it aired on Sky right before the premier, I believe it was called The George RR Martin Book Show Special.

I tried to do a search but I cant find it anywhere. Does anyone have links to this interview online?

I found it here - edit: this link is to a short clip of the interview.

Also, there were candles everywhere in the crypts... looked like they'd been burning forever too.

A creative explanation might be that Ned ordered the crypt candles to be lit in anticipation of the royal visit because he (correctly) guessed Robert would wish to visit Lyanna's tomb.

Winterfell looks like Jabba The Huts Palace to me. The lack of a steep roof in the place makes no sense. It snows alot up there - no one would build a flat roof in a place that has so much snow.

If you look at the paintings in the Calendar of GRRM's castles Winterfell has very steep towers. I wonder why the creater's of the HBO show approved the look of winterfell...

Thoughts?

Here is a link to the image of how I saw Winterfell... not sure how to paste an actual picture here

TN-Winterfell.html

Winterfell looks like Jabba The Huts Palace to me. The lack of a steep roof in the place makes no sense. It snows alot up there - no one would build a flat roof in a place that has so much snow.

If you look at the paintings in the Calendar of GRRM's castles Winterfell has very steep towers. I wonder why the creater's of the HBO show approved the look of winterfell...

Thoughts?

Here is a link to the image of how I saw Winterfell... not sure how to paste an actual picture here

TN-Winterfell.html

In so far as design, the creators seemed to have sacrificed some realism for style. I mean, look at that artist's Red Keep compared to the show's. Winterfell looks the way it does because it looks cool and they wanted it to contrast starkly with the castles of the southern regions.

Archived