Fifteen Minute Preview

Westeros

Just two words:

NOT ENOUGH!

Oh that was painfully short. An hour would have been short. I wanted more. I'm so greedy. :)

Beautifully done. Love the actor who plays Bran.

Everyone did so well.

Two weeks. Ugh. Two weeks.

I saw some red flags. Not with inconsistencies, that can't be helped, but with over the top violence and the appearance of Winterfell (not a big one, just different). I know the story has gore, but I've always thought hbo might take it to far...the wilding village . Still looked good in many ways, however. Two weeks away.

I thought "that was only 5 minutes at most!"

I really liked the dead child with the glorious blue eyes!

Regardless of all the nit picking that can be done, I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!! (Although I am interested in knowing what non-readers are going to think)

Yeah, I find myself skimming past the nitpicking.

I'd rather have a show than none at all myself. :)

The kid with the blue eyes was creeeeeeeepy.

Snow looked really fake.

They couldn't find an actual snowy forest?

I believe they started filming in July, so... probably not.

I think when the show finally starts I'm going to just avoid discussion boards concerning episodes. People will complain about anything and everything.

I believe they started filming in July, so... probably not.

I think when the show finally starts I'm going to just avoid discussion boards concerning episodes. People will complain about anything and everything.

ok, so I'm not as excited about this as the forthcoming book, but first reaction- underwhelming. Maybe it'll get better, but the 15 mins, eh, nothing special. It just wasn't stimulating television.

I would have liked them to stick more to the original for the prologue. The gore was unnecessary and I think the Others were introduced poorly. The viewer must also think that these events took place just a few miles north of the wall, when really they traveled for more than a week. Snow and forest also didn't convince me at all. I think the prologue would have needed at least two more minutes for better character introduction and a proper confrontation with the Others. Enough nitpicking, I think the second part of the preview was a lot better. I liked the introduction of the Stark Family and the beheading was also ok.

I quite liked the sfx for the wights - sounded like ice clashing.

The preview was good - the kid playing Arya had me convinced she'll be great instantly. I did realise, much to my own surprise, i'm going to be one of those annoying "why did they miss that?" people as (unless it happens immediately after the preview) Theon does not kick the decapitated head. To me that's an essential visual clue to Theon's character and given the gore in those 15 mins, it will be a shame if the head kick is omitted.

Still pretty stoked for the show and i think the violence is pitched right for non-readers who have probably been looking for a sex and violence fantasy show/film.

Violence is awesome so I'm quite happy with the gore level so far. No sex yet, though! They're keeping is suspense for boobies! :cheers:

I thought the preview was awesome. I think I'll stay away from the forum discussions on the show too. The nitpicking and whinging in this thread is incredibly lame already.

That was the first fifteen minutes of the story. Nothing removed.

The first two episodes are very dense and they move very quickly from point to point. There is little opportunity to linger over anything.

I think I've figured out what bothered me about the look of Winterfell. It seemed more like a stockade than a huge Castle. Maybe it was just the rendering in that particular image.

[eta]

Then again where was the Wintertown outside it's walls? It was just standing there all by it's lonesome.

I do get nitpicky about stuff like this. To this day my wife picks on me because it bothered me that during Frodo and Sam's walk across the Shire there were mountains in the background.

There's a brothel that must be outside Winterfell-proper. I'm assuming that perhaps the winterton is, well, not on the side of the castle seen in that shot or something. ;)

Archived