[BOOK SPOILERS] New featurettes on Comcast On Demand

Trebla

Comcast Xfinity On Demand has provided several featurettes in their On Demand section. They can be found in the Top Picks folder under Game of Thrones. There have been several featurettes added over the last couple weeks including the following that were added over the weekend and today.

The Landscape: Shows us how they selected places to shoot in Ireland and Malta. It did confirm that the scene where Dany stops the Dothraki procession is in fact the Dothraki Sea. Also showed a quick glimpse of the Lazareen village.

The Dothraki Language: Explains how the Dothraki language was created and the process the actors used to learn their lines. We got to see clips of Rakharo with his whip around Viserys' neck, Dany after she eats the horse heart, and Drogo thanking Jorah Mormont. The actors playing Dany, Drogo, Quatho, Rakharo, and Ser Jorah are interviewed.

The Wall: I got chills when it opens with the tunnel gate under the Wall while we hear the audio of Jon and Sam reciting their Nightwatch words. The producers do refer to the Others as White Walkers. There are also interviews of the actors playing Alliser Thorne, Jon, Sam, Lord Commander Mormont, and Benjen Stark.

There is also another look at an intriguing scene with an apparent confrontation between Jon and Jaime. Some of the other features has shown a smiling Jaime shaking Jon's hand and then pulling Jon towards him in a menacing way. Another clip had Jaime telling Jon what happens to a man when he is stabbed. This time we had Jaime mockingly congratulating Jon for joining the Watch and then reminding him he's joining for the rest of his life. I'm very interested in seeing the entire character building scene.

The Minor Houses: It begins with a caption of Cersei's game of thrones quote. They introduce House Tully and interview Michelle Fairley about her character. We get a nice view of Riverrun King's Landing. GRRM again is interviewed and gives us an overview of Hoster Tully's marriage alliances.

House Arryn is introduces and we see the Eryie and the Sky Cells. Little Robin Tully expresses his desire to see the little man fly.

GRRM explains that the Riverlands is where everyone crosses to invade everyone else. He states that while they have powerful lords they also have a history of quarreling with each other. With that, House Frey is introduced. We see Lord Frey berate his large brood and orders them from the hall. GRRM refers to Lord Frey as a wizened Rodney Dangerfield who never gets any respect.

The Iron Isles and House Grey is next explored. We see a barely covered up Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy as he enjoys a romp with Tyrion's favorite redhead Roz played by the luscious Esmé Bianco! Roz appears in another scene with Theon so it appears as if she is getting a larger role in the series.

Lastly, we see the Reach which GRRM explains is the heart of chivalry in Westeros. The Knight of Flowers is introduced. GRRM foreshadows that Mace Tyrell wants to have his family married into the royal family.

eta: After viewing The Making Of, I realized that the shot I thought was Riverrun was in fact King's Landing. They were talking about the Riverlands when they showed the shot of KL and made that assumption.

The Minor Houses video is on Time Warner OnDemand, too. As usual, TW never has nearly as much material OnDemand as other carriers. I think they just don't want to pay for the databanks or bandwidth, or something.

It's a bit odd that they refer to Houses Arryn, Tully and Tyrell as "Minor Houses." The only minor house in that video is House Frey, and they are a minor house verging on major house.

At this point I almost feel as though they're showing a bit too much and have decided to not watch anymore clips. I was going to skip the 15 minute preview, but my brother who is not a fan of the books and not read them expressed interest in seeing it, and I wanted to be able to see his reaction to everything, so I went ahead.

Anyway, for those who can't get enough though, glad there's something else to tide you over. :)

More content added:

Early Access Scene: A 3 minute clip of the royal party arriving at Winterfell. Arya, wearing a guardsman helm, watches as Baratheon and Lannister bannermen ride through the gate followed by Jaime, Joffrey, and the Hound. The Starks and their court await in the yard, Cat fretting about Arya not being there but she arrives just in time. I believe Jon is just behind the Starks, standing with Theon Greyjoy. The wheelhouse does enter the gates followed by King Robert. He climbs down from his horse on a provided set of steps and grimly approaches the kneeling Starks. He motions for Ned to rise as the scene ends WAY too fast.

From Book to Screen: GRRM and D&D are interviewed on adapting the book series to TV in a 4 minute featurette. George is shown on set talking with the crew. Most interesting thing is D&D talking about their motto throughout the writing process being "There are no bad guys". :)

They had a exclusive Direwolves scene in Comcast On Demand:

I had a question about it:

They mentioned that direwolves do not live there? Are they suppose to only live in the North of the Wall?

Also the Dead Mamma Wolf looked HUGE, was that just a illusion?

They had a exclusive Direwolves scene in Comcast On Demand:

I had a question about it:

They mentioned that direwolves do not live there? Are they suppose to only live in the North of the Wall?

Also the Dead Mamma Wolf looked HUGE, was that just a illusion?

Yes, direwolves are only supposed to live north of the Wall. The dire wolf mother IS huge. IIRC, full grown direwolves in GRRM's books are described as being as large as ponies

There's a new 3 minute On Demand clip re-showing Robert's arrival to KL with GRRM and D&D providing commentary.

eta: Better look at Hodor on the clip as well as how the set looked green screened.

Archived