[NO SPOILERS] Praise and Plaudits

Ran

I've loved every episode of this season.

I love that my wife, sisters and their husbands all love the show and want to read the books now. I love that I'm the resident GoT expert in the family, and that's actually a cool thing to be!

I'm kinda amused/exasperated at all the negative nancies among the readers, and so don't really read the show threads anymore.

Yeah, I think the show is great and I've loved it all, especially the new scenes.

I do read the threads, but the incessant nitpicking and griping usually only serves to bolster my love for the show lol

I know this is an older thread, but I just wanted to add that I have nothing but praise (so far) for Iain Glenn's portrayal of Jorah Mormont. He looks NOTHING like I pictured Jorah, but I am loving all of his scenes. His interaction Viserys prior to the latter's 'crowning' was excellent, and I find myself looking forward to the Dothraki scenes in part because of him. :)

I agree. He's been great whenever he's been on screen. He's actually one of the better (and probably one of the more overlooked) casts so far.

I am tickled that ASOIAF is steadily becoming more mainstream - and really, that a series of this caliber is now a show on HBO of all places - with such loving detail, care, and respect toward the original work. Oh man, a thousand Eragons were sacrificed for this show to come to air. Quality perseveres. The nitpicks in general are so minor and ... nitpicky that frankly, sometimes I wonder if people realise the massive undertaking this was and still is. Not that we don't have a right to criticism, but altogether the show is overwhelmingly perfect, and I am a happy camper. Kudos to everyone involved; this is really a treat and a treasure. Plus, I'd love to see the sales of the books now that the first season's almost over... ;)

Also, Jorah's actor is distractingly good-looking, and it's not fair! My opinion of him just keeps getting higher because of it :drool: He's just so... rugged.

Maisie Williams and Peter Dinklage have been amazing so far, stole every scene they've been in.

Think Kit Harington, Sean Bean, and Richard Madden have done really well aswell.

Jerome Flynn has worked well in his scenes with Dinklage, too.

Loving it so much. I am just so giddy to have a t.v show I'm actually excited about for once. Varys, Jorah and Sam were improvements from the book for me. I liked Tyrion equally as much. Heck I even like Shae and how different she is from the book, it adds more mystery. I just love the clothing and props too, everything looks amazing. Sure I can sit here nitpicking all day but they are so minor...HBO have successfully adapted the books.

i've ranted about the battles in other threads but one thing i will give two thumbs up is the scene where catelyn is waiting for robb outside the forest. when robb robb rides out of the forest and she starts to cry some amazing music starts to play and it zooms in on robb for the hero shot. a very nice little scene imo.

Loved every episode so far. a few small things I liked amongst the many great ones:

1) The look Maester Luwin gives Robb when he calls the banners

2) Catelyn shouting "A COURTESY!" at Lysa

3) The way Arya said "How about a nice fat pigeon?" to the baker and also the way she bowed to Bran after hitting the bullseye in the first episode. lol...poor Arya.

Archived