[Spoilers] Possible Casting Choices for Season Two

Xray the Enforcer

I really hope Christopher Eccleston gets involved somehow. Stannis would be my dream, but if not him then a smaller role at least.

:agree: Eccleston would make a great Stannis.

I clicked on this topic to ask this exact same question. Great minds think alike, no?

As much as I love James Purefoy, he'd steal any scene he's in so he'd have to be very carefully cast so as not to completely eclipse whoever else is in the room with him.

I'd also like to see Brendan Gleeson in some role, maybe Galbart Glover? Would also like to see David Suchet, but I don't know who he could play. Maybe a cameo as Maester Cressen? With the right amount of makeup he could appear old enough.

And if we're going with BSG actors, why not Jamie Bamber or Mark Sheppard? They're both actually British! Don't know who they could play, though. Maybe Bamber could play Beric and Sheppard could play Bronn or Mance?

Edited to add: Actually, I just remembered that Jamie Bamber is a regular on Law & Order: UK, so that leaves him out.

Yes, that Claudia Black. It really wouldn't be hard to make it seem as if she was Alfie's sister. Actually, it wouldn't be difficult in the slightest.
Yes, it would; for starters, she's almost 40 years old. She'd be Ned's age! She also looks old, or at least certainly older. I like her but how would you explain the age discrepancy? How on earth would Theon not recognize her?

Yes, that Claudia Black. It really wouldn't be hard to make it seem as if she was Alfie's sister. Actually, it wouldn't be difficult in the slightest.

she looks old enough to be his mother. there is no way she could be asha.

I'm seeing David Morrissey on stage as Macbeth in a few weeks. It strikes me that Stannis has a few things in common with Macbeth... or at least his wife/Melisandre have Lady Macbeth DOWN.

Just saw David Morrissey in South Riding, and think his jaw clenching and generally repressed feelings perfect for Stannis. His voice is not what I imagine for Stannis though. It's too seductive, if that's the right word.

I'm thinking if they cut the Blackfish from the series then Edmure will end up as an amalgam of himself and his uncle so they won't need to cut any storyline just tweak things around to make him do both roles.

Cutting Blackfish would be an outright terrible idea. And it would completely change Edmure's character which is also dumb.

As far as Brieene being cast as "ugly", it's immaterial. You can easily make gorgeous woman ugly as sin with makeup.

So many good suggestions and discussion.

What about Sallador Saan? I think Eric Cantona would be perfect. Also:

Mads Mikkelson for Roose Bolton

Ian McShane for Damphair or Balon Greyjoy

Brendan Gleeson for Craster

Tim Roth or Robert Carlyle for Davos

James Purefoy for Blackfish or Stannis (also Rufus Sewell)

Brian Cox or John Rhys Davies for Mace Tyrell

Karl Johnson (Marcus Porcius Cato in Rome) for Pyatt Pree

and the Halfhand ... Liam Neeson, David Wenham or Clive Owen, if there's any justice left in the world.

S3 Antonio Banderas for Oberyn

Dame Judy Dench for Queen of Thornes

Sorry, haven't trawled through all 100 or so posts here already, but...

Mance Rayder - Robbie Carlyle

Davos Seaworth - James Purefoy

Stannis Bareatheon - Mark Strong/Chris Eccleston

Mellisandre - Sophia Myles

Balon/Euron/Victarion Greyjoy - Keith Allen, Sean Pertwee, Jason Isaacs

Asha Greyjoy - Anna Popplewell

Roose Bolton - Timothy Dalton

Archived