[NO SPOILERS] EP101 Discussion

Ran

The back story regarding Robert and Ned's sister will, I am sure, be brought out as we go. That was designed to make viewers curious about what happened to her.

Doggie style sex was pretty much the norm up until not too terribly long ago. That's why they call the Missionary position the Missionary position.

I'm surprised this has caused so much discussion without anyone really setting it straight. Well Cersai kind of has been, that was coincidently and has been mentioned likely shot that way because Lena Headey was pregnant.

For the Dothraki though they aren't doing it 'doggy style', they're doing it horsey style. They're a horse people, and for them the horse is a sacred animal. They do everything from eat them to have sex like them, it's a cultural thing they have a reputation for.

Alright, I'll just drop the bomb and say it.

Emilya Clark is fat and chubby!!

Did not attract me at all. :stillsick:

Nothing like what Danny is supposed to be!

Wow, without your comment, I had almost forgotten that a large number of men have an unrealistic and probably unhealthy notion of what the female body should look like. Thanks!

Wow, without your comment, I had almost forgotten that a large number of men and women have an unrealistic and probably unhealthy notion of what the female body should look like. Thanks!

Fixed your post. But yeah, if someone thinks she is fat and chubby, wow.

Alright, I'll just drop the bomb and say it.

Emilya Clark is fat and chubby!!

Did not attract me at all. :stillsick:

Nothing like what Danny is supposed to be!

Huh, and all this time I thought the latin men liked extra meat... :leaving: And by extra I mean, WTF drugs are you on? Fat? Chubby?

Edit: If some are being wrong and all, why can't I?

I'd like to point out that the Inquisitor is from Spain, a country that have done so poorly during the financial crisis that people can't afford a decent meal. No wonder he has a somewhat perverse view of how a female body should look like.

Oy, don't bring your Euro politics into the mix- take that to Gen Chat! Thaaaanks so much. :P

Alright, let me spell it out clearly so that you may understand it (hopefully).

Fat arms + abundant meat in the armpits + short and plumpy legs + rotund waist + buttocks that have yielded to gravity after 22 years = chubby.

You can diasgree all you like, become all the holier-than-thou you want concerning unrealistic depictions of women and raise your flags of self-proclaimed paladins against physical discrimination of women by naughty evil nazi filofascist wrongdoers like me (that goes for you Terra and truebookaddict), but that's my impression after seeing the first episode and the bath scene... Emilia Clark is fatty and chubby. Doesn't attract me.

And her physical build doesn't fit the description in the books, I daresay.

The actress that plays Cersei on the other hand... delectable. ;)

I'd like to point out that the Inquisitor is from Spain, a country that have done so poorly during the financial crisis that people can't afford a decent meal. No wonder he has a somewhat perverse view of how a female body should look like.

:rofl:

Touché, my good man!

Doesn't attract me.

News just in is that Emilia Clarke is devastated

You can diasgree all you like, become all the holier-than-thou you want concerning unrealistic depictions of women and raise your flags of self-proclaimed paladins against physical discrimination of women by naughty evil nazi filofascist wrongdoers like me

Save us this crap, dude. One or two people might be fighting the politically correct fight but most of us are disagreeing with you because we happen to think you're wrong

Fat arms + abundant meat in the armpits + short and plumpy legs + rotund waist + buttocks that have yielded to gravity after 22 years = chubby.

Wow, classy. By the way, have you seen the forum rules lately? Maybe you forgot:

Similarly, please remain respectful of the cast and crew, especially when it comes to matters such as personal appearance. It's okay to say an actor does not fit your image of a character, or even how the character is described, but it's not acceptable to go on about finding them 'too ugly' for a role or what have you. These are real people, some of whom browse this forum, some who even have a presence here. They've worked hard to create the best show they can. Performance critiques, so long as they're constructive, are of course welcome.

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the pre-show (starting at 8:45PM) begins.

Hey Ran....great work with the site. Havent been on in a while. Wanted to discuss opening sequence...frame by frame...especially the history inscribed around the sun. The second shot of the banner shows the Stag fighting the dragon...who is the Eagle, or whatever, behind the dragon?

Wow, classy. By the way, have you seen the forum rules lately? Maybe you forgot:

:agree:

Sounds to me that The Inquisitor is paying much too much attention to the physical appearance of the characters rather than to the show itself. He has mentioned Dany's and now Cersei's appearance. What's next, that Peter Dinklage doesn't look enough of a dwarf as in the book? Give me a break!

Not very surprising since in the book Dany is a 13 year old that haven't really developed her womanly forms yet. The actress playing Arya has a body like Dany from the book.

And thank goodness they changed it. Maybe it made her more pitiable and sympathetic in the books, but onscreen, it would have made us all look like perverts for liking the show.

Also, Emilia Clark is only fat if one usually looks for dates in the anorexia ward.

It is true that Dany is of a slighter build in the books, but she is also 13. I don't know if even HBO could get away with a 13 year old being put through the situation Dany is put through in the books. So, they ramped up all the ages. I know in a lot of shows 24-28 year olds play 16-18 year olds on shows, but 15 or 16 is probably the oldest you can get away with for a 13 year old.

I don't know. I didn't have a problem with her as Dany from a physical perspective. I want to see a wider range of emotion. I didn't think her expression changed much even upon receipt of the dragon eggs, for which she was quite thankful in the books.

I think she is beautiful, and though older than Dany from the books, I am very okay with the ramp up of all the character's ages.

Well, just seen the show , a few days after the airing. Long time rabid fan - got the first editions, maps, miniatures. Been to the signings and the moots. Old - 54 and counting...

Verdict - LOVE IT. Thanks HBO, thanks GRRM. Wow, just great. Just great. Thanks.

BTW Emilia Clarke - perfecto.

Davieboy

Just as Ser Loras (The Inquisitor) rooted for the wrong team in the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final, he has selected the wrong woman in the Emilia Clarke versus Lena Headey debate, though both questions are tough calls.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the episode. The most positive surprise for me is the actress who plays Cersei. She's gorgeous on film, much more so than in still shots. She gives Cersei a very subtle intelligent cunning, whereas in the books I sort of imagined her to just be spoiled and obnoxious.

And I love Emilia as Dany. Very beautiful, just like in the books!

Archived