Community - Season 2, thread 2 [SPOILERS]

Brude

Continuing from the last thread.

So, about last episode. It was definitely one of the lesser episodes for me, but even the least of the shows this season are still generally pretty amusing.

First season pretty much just went from strength to strength. I don't think I can recall a single episode I didn't like. Season two has had highs that exceed anything in the first, but also a few lows that fall below anything from it. I guess it all evens out in the end.

Yeah, you can't beat a greased up Chang (pun intended)

Loved the "clip show". It showed that Jeff and Britta had been having secret sex that was hinted at in the bottle episode. The pen mystery was finally solved. Pierce was almost killed by drug lords for being racist. Britta has lack of boundary issues.

Yeah, the clip show of stuff that never actually happened on the show. Love all the "wacky adventures" that were never in episodes...the ghost town, the Mexican drug gang, camping, Irish adventure (was that the same episode?), etc. Then they throw in a few quick glimpses of them all in a padded room and some haunted house adventure, great stuff.

Loved the clip show. Has anyone analyzed the items that Annie's Boobs had been taking? I would not be surprised if there were some hidden gems in that treasure pile.

I also wanted to add that I feel so bad for panning Brita last season. She was by far the only thing I didn't like about the show, but the writing for her has improved so greatly that I feel compelled to publicly apologize for my dislike of both the actress and the character.

Still is Annie>Brita though. :P

Oh and Abed's love for the dearly departed "The Cape"!

Jeff: "That show is going to last 3 episodes!"

Abed running of in a Cape: "6 seasons and a movie!"

Annie's stolen glances montage including Boobatron 2000 running amok.

Pierce and Abed's stolen glances montage with Pierce's "How dare you!" when Abed denied it.

Britta saying s'mores wrong during the campling clip.

The Deans cartoon at the end

Britta>Annie

It's weird. I enjoyed all of the things cited above, and yet I still thought it was over-all a lame episode.

I guess sporadic, disconnected chuckles just aren't doing it for me.

(I don't enjoy SNL either, although I liked several UK comedy skit shows)

I was so pissed when I realized it would be a clips episode. Then I was like "man I missed a lot of episodes this season." Then I thought "no, I have DVR." Then I realized how great this whole freakin' episode was.

Unlike 30 Rock's real clip episode which was 1 hour. Is this the 80s? Do people miss Growing Pains? What was up with the clip episodes?

I was so pissed when I realized it would be a clips episode. Then I was like "man I missed a lot of episodes this season." Then I thought "no, I have DVR." Then I realized how great this whole freakin' episode was.

Unlike 30 Rock's real clip episode which was 1 hour. Is this the 80s? Do people miss Growing Pains? What was up with the clip episodes?

It was total genius to have a clips episode consisting of clips we'd never seen before.

Reminds me of the Clerks cartoon where they got locked in the freezer and had a clips episode in the 2nd episode and all they reminisced about was the first episode.

It was total genius to have a clips episode consisting of clips we'd never seen before.

Reminds me of the Clerks cartoon where they got locked in the freezer and had a clips episode in the 2nd episode and all they reminisced about was the first episode.

:lmao:

Yep, this also reminded me of that Clerks episode (which was also freakin' brilliant). This was probably one of the funnier episodes this season. Or maybe not. Maybe the somewhat lacking prior few episodes are just coloring my perspective of how funny this one really was. Whatever. I loved it.

Love the little details, like the Chang doll on the outside looking in at the others working on the 19th diorama.

I caught that too. It was very subtly done, and made me feel even a little more sad for him. He's a loathsome guy, but everybody deserves to be loved...don't they?

Oh, and just saw this on the IMDb boards, check out this

uploaded in 2009!

Archived